SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

* This subforum is simply for the uploading of new SPC sets. Updates should go in the "Updated Sets" subforum, and conversations should be kept to other subforums, unless they directly relate to a submission.

* You may upload full SPC sets in .rsn, .zip, .rar, or .7z format. Do not upload each SPC individually.

* New sets should ideally be fully timed, tagged, and put in order, either via a soundtrack, or in a logical in-game ordering. Submissions lacking this info will not necessarily be rejected, but may take longer to appear on the site. Sets without track titles, however, will be rejected on the spot.

* Do not upload anything that is not SPC-related, or it will be deleted. We are not handling MP3s, PSFs, USFs, GSFs, or any other format at this time.

Note: If a submission thread is locked, it means it has been accepted, prepped, and will appear on the site during the next update.

Post subject: Leading Company
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:02 am 

Tags are based on the Keys of the City arrangement album. It was tagged in foobar2000, so it may not be in the precise format snesmusic requires, though I suppose the site isn't updated these days anyway.

I am also not sure how clear it is who was responsible for the respective Super Famicom, X68000 and PC98 arrangements of these songs - I struggle to accept that Mark Soskin directly worked on any of these versions, as they were only released in Japan, but I could be wrong. Anyway, it's the best we can do for now.

Attachments:
Leading Company.rsn [48.23 KiB]
Downloaded 274 times

Post subject: Re: Leading Company
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:52 pm 

I can identify all six jingles from ROM text... technically. The sound test appears to have track names for the six jingles as following:
"New Product"
"Algo Breakup"
"Contract"
"Dismissal"
"Time Up"
"Player Win"

Going by the sound of the jingles, they appear to correspond correctly with these tracks in the order that they were in on the ROM text, so I marked them as such.

Also... I'm genuinely curious about why I got the credit for dumping the tracks all those years ago in the SPC files. I actually have an incomplete set from 2010 on my end that I never released (no Ta-Ta-La variant, and no jingles), rather than a complete dump, and the complete set was dumped by Knurek, not me, within a day after I provided the music modifier (thus, I never got a chance to do any extra dumps), which was invented on the spot as a specific request. Therefore, I've altered the tagging as such.

Attachments:
File comment: Update from previous post: identified all six jingles.
The complete Leading Company SPC set, dumped by Knurek (not KungFuFurby) and tagged by blitzlunar and KungFuFurby.

lcomp.rsn [47.53 KiB]
Downloaded 283 times

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:36 am 

Great, thanks for the extra tag info. There was no reordering required when tagging the set the first time, either, it's interesting how the music has been implemented in identical form to that Keys of the City arrange album.

On that note, I'm likely to retime my local set to match that album, as 2x loop + fade for these songs seems superfluous as they don't fit so well with the usual 2x loop/fade convention.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:54 pm 

Be careful, citing this...

http://snesmusic.org/v2/wiki.php?iReque ... iPage=Rule
- If an SPC set does not conform to the site standard of two loops, feel free to retime it and submit the whole thing; do *not* submit "timer updates" that directly copy the often flawed (and sometimes downright incorrect) times listed on OSTs.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:56 am 

Here it is - all songs retimed to 1x loop, no fade, to match the music's original vision. Set length is now a cosy 48:58.
I am not concerned about whether or not this set is posted on snesmusic.org, I'm doubtful the first set I posted will appear on there either, but it is a more agreeable format vs. songs that play for 6~9 minutes with their intros each playing three times.

Attachments:
File comment: Songs have been retimed to 1x Loop and No Fade.
Includes updated titles for jingles.

Leading Company.rsn [48.41 KiB]
Downloaded 271 times