SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

*This forum is for the uploading and sharing of, as the forum description states, soundtracks in non-SPC formats from games that cannot be dumped to SPC.

*If you've uploaded the music elsewhere, such as MediaFire, RapidShare, MegaUpload, or another filesharing site, you can just make a post and link to it. This actually saves us some bandwidth.

*MP3 is the preferred format, ideally at, at the very least, 128kbps, but we'll also accept OGG. We don't have unlimited bandwidth here, so we can't accept lossless formats such as FLAC or WAV.

*If a game can be dumped to SPC, do not upload its soundtrack here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Music Tank
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:20 pm 

So today's update was supposed to be Out of This World but the music modifier code didn't work so you get California Games 2 instead. I only have modifier codes for four remaining games, FIFA International Soccer, Paperboy 2, and the two Carmen games. I'm thinking about just wading into Monster Maker Kids too see what I can find.

Clay Fighter shouldn't be too hard even without codes but SimCity 2000, Houkago in Beppin Jogakuin, and Monster Maker Kids are deep darks. As for Sidmania I'm not sure what to do here. Does this music already exist somewhere else? Is it pointless for me to rip this?

I have all of Lodoss Tou Senki as SPCs but they're raw since I don't know how to manipulate SPCs. They're named though. I could put them in the tank. I might also be able to help you with Phantom 2040 since I mapped it and know it inside and out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

Tropicon wrote:
I have all of Lodoss Tou Senki as SPCs but they're raw since I don't know how to manipulate SPCs. They're named though. I could put them in the tank. I might also be able to help you with Phantom 2040 since I mapped it and know it inside and out.

I actually already got your Lodoss SPCs when you posted them at VGMaps. I... just never got around to cleaning them up and putting them up on the site yet.

As for Phantom 2040... by all means. We have an unfinished set in the Help Wanted section, fully timed and with partial tagging, but if you could complete that set, that'd be great.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:24 pm 

kode54 posted a game freeze code for Out of This World on the Jul forums that allows you to rip the full music: 80D99580+80D996FE

Also, make sure you're using the US version.

Here is a beta music modifier for Monster Maker Kids:

Monster Maker Kids
Music Modifier
8293FFA9
829400xx
829401EA
82940300 (if you want to listen to tune ID 00)
The range is 00-19. 1A-26 are just simply tunes playing at a different point (I could be wrong, but they definitely don't appear to do sample pack switching). The game crashes after 26.

I'm missing the corresponding SFX modifier to get at least one jingle: a battle victory jingle. There could be other jingles also missing. Hmm...

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:14 pm 

I'll give Out of This World another shot then. And I'll definitely give Monster Maker Kids a shot now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:03 pm 

FIFA International Soccer is up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:41 pm 

Paper Boy 2 is up. If you can call that music. Sounds like a synthesizer falling down the stairs.
Doing the Carmen games tomorrow. They appear to be just a bunch of jingles. Normally I'd combine something like this into one big track.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:17 pm 

The Carmen games are up. Don't know what the last two tracks for Where in the World are though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

Heh. Judging by the Monster Maker Kids world map that just appeared on VGMaps (which looks great, BTW), I'm assuming that's going to be next on the MP3 ripping list?

Incidentally, can you actually read Japanese, or at least well enough to fumble through a JRPG? Because we have a bunch of fully ripped and timed, but completely untitled, SPC sets from various Japanese RPGs that I'd love to release... I mean, no pressure or anything, and you certainly don't *have* to, but if you feel like going through any and finishing them up, that'd be awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:37 am 

And now Monster Maker kids is up. I couldn't identify a bunch of tracks but only a few of them are music. I axed #19 since it was just a bad mod of the victory jingle.

I can't read Japanese but I have fumbled my way through almost every JRPG on the SNES. Some twice. What are the games?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:19 am 

If one of those is Gaia Savior, then I have the full SPC set (with bonus jingles NOT included in the original music modifier, one which I successfully identified as the Battle Victory jingle) with near complete identification. I have failed to identify 5 music modifier tracks and three bonus jingles (one of them is just the opening of the Battle theme), but I did beat the game.

One of them I completely failed to find at all using my secret music hunt, while the other four I suspect are part of a hidden sound test upon further investigation. I have not yet successfully hunted down this sound test.

As for the bonus jingles... that's a lot tougher for me to hunt down because I originally omitted them given their SFX status.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next