SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

*This forum is for the uploading and sharing of, as the forum description states, soundtracks in non-SPC formats from games that cannot be dumped to SPC.

*If you've uploaded the music elsewhere, such as MediaFire, RapidShare, MegaUpload, or another filesharing site, you can just make a post and link to it. This actually saves us some bandwidth.

*MP3 is the preferred format, ideally at, at the very least, 128kbps, but we'll also accept OGG. We don't have unlimited bandwidth here, so we can't accept lossless formats such as FLAC or WAV.

*If a game can be dumped to SPC, do not upload its soundtrack here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Music Tank
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:00 am 

So here are all the undumpable sound tracks I have. Many of these were ripped with Furby's help. This should be the full list.
http://galensnature.com/Tank/Music/Music.html

Last edited by Tropicon on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:13 am, edited 17 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Music Tank
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:00 am 

Blackhawk is the European version of Blackthrone. Better take that off the list.

These unidentified tracks are confirmed as unused by me:

- Chessmaster Tracks 3-4
- James Bond Jr. Tracks 12-13
- Terminator Tracks 6-12
- Wayne's World Tracks 11-15 (amusingly, my secret music hunt caught some of these, but they turned out to be leftovers from Terminator, because the code that was trying to execute was pointing to invalid data!)

For NBA Showdown, identification is incomplete. There's at least one unused track. I'll probably play through the game to identify the others.

I'll also attempt to identify NHL 94's unknown track.

One of the tracks on Relief Pitcher could use a re-rip... that's because it's supposed to be non-looping. I've got the code to produce a non-looping song here...

Relief Pitcher
Play A Non-Looping Tune
7E144400
7E144500
7E144600

Lord of the Rings needs one extra track. No clue where it's used, but that's why the music modifier directory is there.

Test Drive 2 needs one extra track. I have a guess where it's used, and chances are you have to actually beat the game...???

Lost Vikings 2 needs three extra tracks ~ one of them a Continue theme, the second one I forget (it's ambience), and the third one I believe is the ending theme.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:27 pm 

Which Relief Pitcher track is the non looping one?

Where is the Lord of the Rings modifier code? I can't belive I missed one here, I thought I knew this game back and fourth.

Still looking into the Test Drive one.

Got two of the Lost Vikings tracks, where is the ambient one?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

Tropicon wrote:
Got two of the Lost Vikings tracks, where is the ambient one?

I'd assume the various cutscenes with Tomator at his console. There's kind of an ambient-ish mechanical droning sound played in those scenes.

Also: Hey Trop. Nice to see you here. Sorry I've, uh, been exceedingly lazy with updating this site... I keep meaning to, then get distracted. And these MP3 rips are pretty cool. I was hoping someone would someday do something like this!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:47 pm 

My music modifier collection is usually found in this thread. I'll copy them over here with additional details on which ones are not in the Music Tank.

Test Drive II - The Duel
Title Screen Music Modifier
819D1Dxx
The range is 00, 02-05. The game crashes after 05.
In-Game Music Modifier
7E1C72xx
The range is 01-04. The game crashes after 04.
The music ID is actually incremented by 01 in comparison to the original code. To access the Title Screen tune to play in-game, you need an extra code.
Unlock Title Screen Tune In-Game
818C20EA
This stops the in-game music ID from being incremented by 01.

The ID not ripped for Test Drive 2 - The Duel is 05.

J.R.R Tolkien's The Lord Of The Rings
Music Modifier
Sample Pack ~ 7E1D0Cxx
Sub-Tune ~ 7E1D0Exx
It is not recommended to use this while the game is starting up. Otherwise, you'll probably glitch out the music.
There may be a chance the music may stop. You have to switch values so that you can play it again by asking the game to switch the music twice.
Sample Pack 00 only supports sub-tune 02.
Sample Pack 01 is a blank. You can tell if it is a blank if it mutes the music and SFX.
Sample Pack 02 only supports sub-tune 01.
Sample Pack 03 supports sub-tunes 05-06, 09-0A.
Sample Pack 04 only supports sub-tune 0B.
Sample Pack 05 supports sub-tunes 03, 08, and 0C.
There are no more sample packs to my knowledge past sample pack 05.
Sub-tunes 04 and 07 are both probably blank, and do not appear to be supported in any sample pack. By using the real-time pointer and the EOF command FF, I determined that both were smaller in filesize than any of the other tunes. By examination of the pointers, I determined that both were very short, and both were non-looping.

Sample pack 05, sub-tune ID 08 is the missing jingle.

Lost Vikings II
Music Modifier
7E1A9Cxx
The range is 00-08. There is no more music after 08.

The ambient track is music ID 07.
06 is the continue theme, and 08 is the ending theme.

Relief Pitcher
Main Menu Music Modifier
81F545xx
The range is 01-03. 04 plays 01, and the music is glitched after 04.
Play Non-Looping Song
7E174400
7E174500
7E174600

02 is the organ song that is supposed to be non-looping.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:31 pm 

Nice to meet ya YK. Me and Furby have been working on this for years and I've picked up various rippers and of course Audacity. Don't worry about the site not updating, the whole emu music scene is at a crawl compared to what it used to be. All the activity is at the hcs64 board and all they do is wii stuff or other experimental crap. Nobody seems to be interested in making easy to access emu music libraries anymore, except maybe Zophar. Of course you more or less already have SNES in the bag. The only thing I ever missed here was Phantom 2040 and Lodoss War, but I think my own rip of Lodoss War is still sitting in my sites Tank. I've done mp3 rips of other systems too.

*Looks over the Music Modifier codes thread* Yes this will be useful. Furby I take it you want me to rename the unused tracks with "unused"

The Test Drive 2 code is when you get caught by the police at the end of a race and I got it so that's all of em.

Got the Lord of the Rings one and even thought it sounds like it is, it's not the game over jingle. I've heard it in game before but I forgot where. Maybe I'll just name it "danger" or something.

Got two of the The Lost Vikings 2 tracks. The ambient track is indeed Tomator's console, and unfortunately the music modifier code doesn't really help here since the track is a clever mix of music and sound effects. I also can't just record that part since it starts and stops too fast. I may have to whip up a time stop code to keep the game sitting there so I can get the loop.

Non-looping code isn't working in Relief Pitcher. I could just cut the track in Audacity. Also for that game I could get the crown ambiance as a track if you want it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:26 pm 

Only the ones I confimed so far as unused songs.

Be careful with those time stop codes on Lost Vikings 2! Remember that this game streams its note data, and therefore by default requires the SNES to send note data to the SPC700. I have no clue what this game does...

As for Relief Pitcher... it works on my end. Maybe you're using a different version of the ROM (which region?), or you're entering the codes incorrectly? I use the US version.
A non-looping song is created by zeroing out the pointer to the loop point in this game's case.

On my end, I still make music modifiers, but these days it's actually playing and tagging SPC sets (plus, in some cases, performing the secret music hunt for when I can't seem to identify some tracks can be maddeningly difficult due to indirects, especially when dealing with compressed data. Even when I find the musical hits, I have to determine how to trigger it... and that can be a puzzle in itself. Wayne's World is an example where I had to deal with leftover code from a previous game (Terminator) giving me false musical hits because the code points to invalid data. The beta version of Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday has actual unused cutscene data where the graphical pointers have been mostly dummied out. Recreating that would be a matter of getting the correct pointers... and that's not easy, because it's RNC data.). One thing I have on my end that is half done is a way for me to turn text files with a forum-like tag system into SPC700 tagging magic, programmed in C++ with XCode (it's a command line program). Extended ID666 is not implemented yet. If this were completed, then maybe I'll finally be free of some repetition... and I have a SPC set that I'm using as an experiment. Plus, college is a major player these days in hindering my availability (luckily, I'm one of the people that still has access to my default computer pretty much daily)...

Fireteam Rogue could probably use the same type of magic just to piece the music together. The music is segmented, and the switches appear to occur as the music goes along. The SPC set covers every single possible segment, including unused ones. The used ones can be pieced together in MP3 format just by recording it straight off of the game, as well as triggering some sort of switch to get additional pieces of music.

Bubsy II also has multiple segments, but does not qualify unlike Fireteam Rogue.

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:27 am 

Got the Tomators ship track another way; he has a longer cutscene later on and I just ripped it from there.

I'll recheck the Relief Pitcher track but if nothing works I'm just gonna chop it off.

Wow you know a lotta code stuff ...you wouldn't happen to know how to extract JPEGs from PSX roms would you?

By the way I think I may be missing some Fushigi no Dungeon 2 tracks but I'm not sure. There are a lot in that game and I think they added more in the DS version.

I'll update the tank with the new changes soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:38 am 

I could always record the track myself. ;)

As for extracting .jpegs from PS1 ROMs... Nope. I specialize in 65C816 and SPC700 code only... plus, an .iso file from a PS1 game is probably ten times harder for me to crack open than a cartridge ROM. Plus, there's 10 to 100 times more data for me to go through.

Out of all of the games you have not ripped yet, I have not invented music modifiers for the following games:

- FEDA: Emblem of Justice
- Houkago in Beppin Jogakuin
- Sidmania

I have a partial music modifier for Monster Maker Kids - Ousama ni Naritai. However, there is at least one jingle (the battle victory jingle) that I have not yet properly invented a code to trigger.

I don't have a music modifier for Fushigi no Dungeon 2 yet either.

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:09 pm 

I fixed the Relief Pitcher track in Audacity.

Someone told me you could use a hex editor to look for jpeg headers in an iso or img, then just cut the following data into a blank file and ta-da you've got your image. I couldn't figure it out though.

I've played through FEDA, it's a monster. A music modifier code will definitely be necessary.

I'll probably do something like Wario's Woods next, we'll see.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next