SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

*This forum is for the uploading and sharing of, as the forum description states, soundtracks in non-SPC formats from games that cannot be dumped to SPC.

*If you've uploaded the music elsewhere, such as MediaFire, RapidShare, MegaUpload, or another filesharing site, you can just make a post and link to it. This actually saves us some bandwidth.

*MP3 is the preferred format, ideally at, at the very least, 128kbps, but we'll also accept OGG. We don't have unlimited bandwidth here, so we can't accept lossless formats such as FLAC or WAV.

*If a game can be dumped to SPC, do not upload its soundtrack here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Music Tank
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:39 am 

OK Clayfighter intro fixed. And yes it's ye old zsnes. I know there are a lot of new ones now but most of them are too technical for me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:21 am 

Any progress on redoing the Paperboy 2 tracks please?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:27 am 

That's up to Furby. Messing with timing codes is beyond me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:34 pm 

OK cheers Tropicon

So Furby any ideas what is even causing the Paperboy 2 music to play incorrectly? Is there anything I can do to help?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:17 pm 

My guess is simply the SPC700 emulation that sounds incorrect.

The solution is simply to record the track in a different emulator that handles that type of effect better.

I feel hesitant, personally. The YouTube video I showed earlier is I believe the correct rip, and there are applications that allow you to download the video (or simply extract the audio from the YouTube video). Also, for me, I record a WAV master first, then I convert to MP3. The WAV master is big memory consumption for me, and I typically keep master copies of my recordings if I need to convert them again to a different format.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:37 pm 

Hey Furby, do you know how many tracks there are in Sim City 2000?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:26 pm 

KungFuFurby wrote:
My guess is simply the SPC700 emulation that sounds incorrect.

The solution is simply to record the track in a different emulator that handles that type of effect better.

I feel hesitant, personally. The YouTube video I showed earlier is I believe the correct rip, and there are applications that allow you to download the video (or simply extract the audio from the YouTube video). Also, for me, I record a WAV master first, then I convert to MP3. The WAV master is big memory consumption for me, and I typically keep master copies of my recordings if I need to convert them again to a different format.

OK well I was really hoping to get a high-quality Paperboy 2 SNES pack into the game soundtrack community. I appreciate that the youtube video can be downloaded but that's really not what I had in mind. Lossless WAV is really what I'm looking for, or high-quality mp3s (but not youtube converts) would be my second choice.

I'm not particularly good at technical stuff and am only familiar with ZSNES but if you really don't want to do this yourself Furby, perhaps I could give it a go myself. Could you possibly provide the trigger code or whatever is needed to get me started?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:32 pm 

Paperboy 2
In-game Music Modifier
80A6A7xx
80A6ABxx
80A6AFxx
This requires safe-cracking... not to mention there are only two valid values. They are...
1E CB 02
43 EE 02
Zeroing out all three silences the music.
Music does not loop
7E0EBA00
7E0EBB00
7E0EBC00
This is required for proper recording of the bonus level song (43 EE 02).

Just make sure to go as slow as possible to avoid triggering sound effects when recording.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:39 pm 

KungFuFurby wrote:
Paperboy 2
In-game Music Modifier
80A6A7xx
80A6ABxx
80A6AFxx
This requires safe-cracking... not to mention there are only two valid values. They are...
1E CB 02
43 EE 02
Zeroing out all three silences the music.
Music does not loop
7E0EBA00
7E0EBB00
7E0EBC00
This is required for proper recording of the bonus level song (43 EE 02).

Just make sure to go as slow as possible to avoid triggering sound effects when recording.

OK thanks, give me a couple of weeks and I'll see what I can do. Really hope I can figure this out, as I said when I joined this board, Paperboy 2 SNES has been a hole in my game soundtrack collection for a long time and I know other collectors feel the same!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:53 am 

Sim City 2000 is up.
And that's as far as I can go. I know it's silly to leave just one remaining but Houkago in Beppin Jogakuin will just have to remain anyway. :|

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next