SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

* This subforum is simply for the uploading of SPCs or SPC sets from ROM hacks/trainers/cracktros. Whether they're properly timed/tagged or not is largely unimportant, as many will not be released on the site.

* You may upload full SPC sets in .rsn, .zip, .rar, or .7z format. Do not upload each SPC individually.

* Do not upload anything that is not SPC-related, or it will be deleted. We are not handling MP3s, PSFs, USFs, GSFs, or any other format at this time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

Attachment:
File comment: Updated as of 2-26-11
pd.rsn [463.64 KiB]
Downloaded 378 times

Assortment of PD music from trainers, intros, and the like.

Post subject: Re: PD Music Collection
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:53 pm 

Here's the Kim Demo. Dumped and tagged by nensondubois. Oddly all of the songs from the American version of the game (forgot the name completely but I'll briefly describe it) where Tribal music exist in the Japanese version and 90's rave music was added to the American version as they thought it would sell better or something. :lol: anyway, a hacked version of said game exist in the demo for some odd reason.
Attachment:
Kim (PD).spc [64.52 KiB]
Downloaded 203 times

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:37 pm 

Songs can be accessed with this code: 0080D1?? (Believe it or not there are 11 unused songs in this demo and all are very catchy. Songs 21 and 22 are short musical tracks, which are the two additional songs requiring this update.)

Attachment:
File comment: Dumped and tagged by nensondubois.
Super Syobo Syobo CG Collection (PD).rar [64.1 KiB]
Downloaded 194 times

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:07 am 

I tagged 6 of them with the original artists and titles since they're just .mod files converted to play on the SPC (like in Modular Escape).

I can retag them with all of the composers' real names if that would be preferred (I think I already posted them in the respective threads before or they can also be found on amp.dascene.net)

Also, since Super Syobo Syobo CG Collection apparently has 12 songs in total, would it qualify for its own set?

Attachments:
pd.zip [100.52 KiB]
Downloaded 177 times
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:02 am 
Site Admin

Revenant wrote:
I tagged 6 of them with the original artists and titles since they're just .mod files converted to play on the SPC (like in Modular Escape).

I can retag them with all of the composers' real names if that would be preferred (I think I already posted them in the respective threads before or they can also be found on amp.dascene.net)

By all means. The more accurate, the better, I'd think. Just put what trainer or whatever they were from in the comments field.

Revenant wrote:
Also, since Super Syobo Syobo CG Collection apparently has 12 songs in total, would it qualify for its own set?

Yeah, it does. This PD collection is only for trainers and other non-games that only have one song. Full PD games, or other PD things with a large number of songs will get a release on SNESMusic.org. (So, nenson, can you upload a title screenshot for Super Syobo Syobo CG Collection?) The exception being stuff like "Napalm 5-in-1" or whatever; that appears to just be five trainer themes, so... eh. Into the PD collection with it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:09 am 

Here's the whole set with as many artists' real names as I was able to find online. I've never been able to find out any info about The Doctor or Radium, unfortunately. There are two artists named Radium listed on AMP but there's no sign that either of them are the one from Elitendo.

I also retitled a couple more video game covers that I recognized. Finally I also added the Kim Demo music that nensondubois posted.

Attachments:
pd.zip [530.41 KiB]
Downloaded 184 times

Last edited by Revenant on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:14 am 

nensondubois wrote:
Here's the Kim Demo. Dumped and tagged by nensondubois. Oddly all of the songs from the American version of the game (forgot the name completely but I'll briefly describe it) where Tribal music exist in the Japanese version and 90's rave music was added to the American version as they thought it would sell better or something. :lol: anyway, a hacked version of said game exist in the demo for some odd reason.

Do you mean Bio Metal? It does sound like the samples from that game (although I wouldn't call the Japanese version's music "tribal", more like standard scrolling shooter-type music :P)

I know there are a couple of other demos that use music from the American version of that game, is it possible that this is an unused Bio Metal track?

edit: I used a couple of music modifiers (808084xx for the demo, 80928Cxx for Bio Metal) and using value $02 gives different music for each one, whereas other values both give the same 2 Unlimited songs in the demo and the game. Looks like the song isn't really an unused Bio Metal track after all, even though the Kim demo uses its music driver.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:12 am 

Bio Metal indeed. I couldn't find any unused music in that game. The song in the Kim demo sounds like an SPC-converted mod anyway.

Attachment:
Super Syobo Syobo CG Collection (PD).png
Super Syobo Syobo CG Collection (PD).png [ 4.47 KiB | Viewed 3732 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:50 pm 

I'm on the hunt for Elitendo_005.spc.

Updated the SPC set with composer info as credited from the SNES trainers (kept the original composer info as well). Ms. Pac Man Trainer gets a composer of "Arcadia Sound Team" because the composer is missing. I also did trainer idenfitications for Revenant's dumps.

I looked up Chou Mahou Tairiku Wozz Intro, and let me be honest: I have no idea where to find this so I can do composer info identification... or any other sort of identification.

Turns out Console World is not at the first note (but only barely). Very sneaky, but I have the one at the first note.

Attachments:
File comment: Updated composer info, added company information, and one redump. No new tracks (yet).
pd.rsn [438.39 KiB]
Downloaded 183 times

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

Multi-reply!

Revenant wrote:
Here's the whole set with as many artists' real names as I was able to find online. I've never been able to find out any info about The Doctor or Radium, unfortunately. There are two artists named Radium listed on AMP but there's no sign that either of them are the one from Elitendo.

I'm guessing "The Doctor" isn't the same one from Jul. There's no way it'd be *that* easy. :lol:

Good job, at any rate. I'll replace the "main" PD collection (in the original post) with this one later today. Or, KFF's update to your update, as the case may be. :P

KungFuFurby wrote:
I looked up Chou Mahou Tairiku Wozz Intro, and let me be honest: I have no idea where to find this so I can do composer info identification... or any other sort of identification.

It's an intro from the TransCorp translation, which is shown before the title screen when the patch is applied. I'm not sure who wrote that song, though.