SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

* This subforum is simply for the uploading of SPCs or SPC sets from ROM hacks/trainers/cracktros. Whether they're properly timed/tagged or not is largely unimportant, as many will not be released on the site.

* You may upload full SPC sets in .rsn, .zip, .rar, or .7z format. Do not upload each SPC individually.

* Do not upload anything that is not SPC-related, or it will be deleted. We are not handling MP3s, PSFs, USFs, GSFs, or any other format at this time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:44 pm 

I grabbed this from zophar.net back in 2002 or so. It features a few intro tunes that aren't collected elsewhere, and I haven't been able to find the actual intros that they come from. Unfortunately the dumping and tagging isn't perfect.

Attachments:
hackpd.rsn [647.59 KiB]
Downloaded 211 times
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:44 pm 

Another intro theme, which I ripped. This one is probably another converted .mod file.

Attachments:
arcadia.spc [64.5 KiB]
Downloaded 175 times
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:57 pm 

Some of the music in there is ripped from other SNES games. I do not intend on using this other than reference.

The Elitendo stuff is especially difficult to hunt down. Requires me to look through the trainers for this...

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:07 pm 
Site Admin

Revenant wrote:
I grabbed this from zophar.net back in 2002 or so. It features a few intro tunes that aren't collected elsewhere, and I haven't been able to find the actual intros that they come from. Unfortunately the dumping and tagging isn't perfect.

KungFuFurby wrote:
Some of the music in there is ripped from other SNES games. I do not intend on using this other than reference.

Responding to both of these at once, since my response to both is basically the same: I'd love to have a big "package" of PD hack intros and other "single-track" PD games and such. However, KFF is right (and Revenant also pointed this out on IRC earlier): this pack is poorly dumped (many tracks are not at the first note, some very, very obviously), poorly tagged, and contains a number of direct SNES music rips. That said, if we could clean it up, redump the tracks, and compile them all into one large collection, including a few we already have on the site before I realized there was a hojillion of those things floating around and stopped accepting them... that'd be pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:14 am 

One of the major things that have stopped me so far is mainly how to do the Title Screen. There's so many of them it isn't even funny...

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

KungFuFurby wrote:
One of the major things that have stopped me so far is mainly how to do the Title Screen. There's so many of them it isn't even funny...

A fairly minor issue, really. Hell, we could just keep it a "Forum-exclusive" and not have to worry about that at all. Just focus on getting the SPCs; I'll worry about the other stuff. :P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:47 pm 

Eh, at least I have someplace to showcase all those trainer SPC sets. I know the hacks (if I ever get a SPC set of one of those) should definitely be forum-exclusive. ^_^

I still plan on doing a pirate game if the games can ever be rigged to work... a select few have seemingly original music (the sound driver's stolen from Super Buster Bros.), and usually terrible gameplay, and no staff roll. I did Soul Blade.

Oh, and P.S.: You've got Mark Smith's dumps. That guy does terrible on dumping the SPCs at the first note, and even leaves some SPC sets not complete.

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

KungFuFurby wrote:
Oh, and P.S.: You've got Mark Smith's dumps. That guy does terrible on dumping the SPCs at the first note, and even leaves some SPC sets not complete.

No kidding. That's why it's best to use that set only for reference, and re-dump everything. That said... having gone over that set, I've made some observations:

-"Copier - Backup Ad. (PD)000" is ripped directly from Push-Over. The intro theme.
-All the "Cynex" songs are from Blazeon. However, "Cynex001", while using the same instrument samples, appears to be unique. Someone should check and see if this song appears, unused, in Blazeon itself. If not, this unique song would go in the theoretical PD collection we're forming.
-"DEMOZOOM000" is also from Blazeon.
-The FrogNES and Hysteria songs are also in this pack. Both have been released on the site, as they're actual *games*, and not just some hacker intro/demo. That said, Mark Smith's dumps of them are, as is typical of him, awful. One FrogNES song is missing, and another is first-note sticking (which was fixed for our release). And it goes without saying that they're not at the first note anyhow.
-"Magical_001" is from Super Adventure Island. "Hawaiian".
-"Modular Escape (PD)000" and "Spike Mix" are both from Modular Escape (no duh, in that first one), which is already on the site.

All the rest appear to be unique. Some we have on the site at present, but I plan to remove those when we get this PD collection going.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:50 pm 

Here's a redump of the Console World music.

Attachments:
consoleworld.spc [64.5 KiB]
Downloaded 177 times
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:15 pm 

These are from intros to NES games that Anthrox apparently converted to run on the SNES (although they mostly don't work in any emulator I've tried.)

Anyone know more about these?

Attachments:
neshack3.spc [64.5 KiB]
Downloaded 163 times
neshack2.spc [64.5 KiB]
Downloaded 168 times
neshack1.spc [64.5 KiB]
Downloaded 168 times