SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

* This subforum is simply for the uploading of SPCs or SPC sets from ROM hacks/trainers/cracktros. Whether they're properly timed/tagged or not is largely unimportant, as many will not be released on the site.

* You may upload full SPC sets in .rsn, .zip, .rar, or .7z format. Do not upload each SPC individually.

* Do not upload anything that is not SPC-related, or it will be deleted. We are not handling MP3s, PSFs, USFs, GSFs, or any other format at this time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:02 pm 
Site Admin

Attachment:
File comment: A Super Mario Thing SPC set, fully titled/timed/tagged.
asmt.rsn [226.89 KiB]
Downloaded 371 times

So, I recently played through a Super Mario World hack called "A Super Mario Thing", which was loaded with custom music, much of it quite good. Some of it is remixes from various games, while many songs appear to be original compositions. I don't plan to release it on SNESMusic.org, but I wanted to share it here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:13 pm 

Hmm... you bough an interesting idea to my attention. Use this to upload select soundtracks from Super Mario World Hacks. Here's the first out of the very few that I will be uploading.

Mechamind90 does Let's Plays of any Super Mario World hack, and I've heard some of these songs in them. I have a folder containing a custom collection of pretty much every interesting custom song downloaded from SMWcentral back when it was good.

You probably knew this, but you can use the standard Super Mario World music modifier to play any unused songs in all hacks of Super Mario World.

Here's one random song from the folder. None of them are tagged properly to snesmusic.org standards, but oh well.
Attachment:
File comment: Don't remember who sequenced this, but I did download this from SMW central back when it was good ;p
ForestTest.spc [64.5 KiB]
Downloaded 235 times

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

nensondubois wrote:
Hmm... you bough an interesting idea to my attention. Use this to upload select soundtracks from Super Mario World Hacks. Here's the first out of the very few that I will be uploading.

I was considering this, myself, as a matter of fact. There are quite a few Super Mario World hacks out there with custom music, and this would indeed be an ideal place to put them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:09 pm 

Nice to hear that cover of the Yoshi's Island cave music in there, that's probably my favorite SMW-hacking-related piece of music (and I love the original quite a lot too)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:18 am 

Did you know that Ominous Voice actually uses Plok's Boss Battle theme? ^_^

I plan on putting my fan soundtracks here on the Game Music board in this case. I have just one ready... the rest are either in the debugging stages or are not quite complete yet.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

KungFuFurby wrote:
Did you know that Ominous Voice actually uses Plok's Boss Battle theme? ^_^

There were quite a few songs that were taken from other sources that I either didn't recognize, or recognized, but forgot where they were from offhand. :P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:23 pm 

wow this is hilariously bad.
the few i know are probably the same ones everyone else knows:

Demo's Title - The SIMS
Resistance Base - Super Mario Bros.
And So It Began - Yoshi's Island
I Need to Breathe - Mega Man X2 (or is it 3)
The Cave Where the Crystals Are - Yoshi's Island
Bonus Area - Yoshi's Island
Down the Poison River - Donkey Kong Country 2
High! Sky! Fly! - Pilotwings
Chillout - New Super Mario Bros.
Super Puzzle Deluxe - Mario Kart 64
Chateau Chilly - Mega Man X3
SS Cotopaxi (Outside) - Zelda Ocarina of Time
SS Cotopaxi (Inside) - Super Mario 64
Ara's Desert Sarac - Super Street Fighter 2
Boo Block Puzzle - The Final Countdown (?!?!?!)
The House of Turner - Perfect Dark i think.
The Final Assault - Final Fantasy 5?
Virtual Reality - Donkey Kong Country
The Arena - Super Mario RPG

99% sure they just lazily took midis from the internet and used some scripts to convert them into a usable format. and the song choices are entirely arbitrary. about a 3rd of these or maybe more are glitching out on fb2k in the most entertaining ways too. "Pressure Point" even sounds sort of cool because of it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:10 pm 

Maybe that's why some of those SPCs didn't even work on Game Music Box or later versions of Audio Overload.

This reminds me of Cute Angela, only that it wasn't a hack, and it even used a sound engine that was not taken from another commercial game.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:43 pm 

Actually, there is a program on SMWcentral that allows you to replace any of the bad quality sound samples from a Super Mario World rom image with your own, and I've actually heard a few custom songs utilise the program quite nicely. One such example is the Yoshi's Island Cave theme using custom samples probably ripped from Yoshi's Island with snessor, then the program incorporated them into the game also possibly using the N-SPC sound engine for advanced echo and other effects to make it sound more like the original song.

Attachments:
Yoshi Island - Cave.spc [64.5 KiB]
Downloaded 206 times

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:09 pm 

The custom string sample got me curious, actually. Other than that, I didn't see much else.

SPC Set Progress Log