SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

* This subforum is simply for the uploading of SPCs or SPC sets from ROM hacks/trainers/cracktros. Whether they're properly timed/tagged or not is largely unimportant, as many will not be released on the site.

* You may upload full SPC sets in .rsn, .zip, .rar, or .7z format. Do not upload each SPC individually.

* Do not upload anything that is not SPC-related, or it will be deleted. We are not handling MP3s, PSFs, USFs, GSFs, or any other format at this time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:43 pm 

This is a graphics slideshow by Insomnya, who also created Hysteria and FrogNES. Actually, the only reason this set is incomplete is because it has one track that sticks on the first note, which is actually an early version of the title screen music to Hysteria (which is mentioned as being under development in the text to this demo.)

Speaking of which, I was looking at the website for some of the people who worked on WoM2 and Hysteria, and found this pack of .mod files by Saverio Russo (aka Sirio):

http://www.marcotodaro.com/download/kd/ ... ection.zip

It contains a few Hysteria level tunes that aren't in the current set on snesmusic. I tried getting them from the game myself except the first level of the game is way too goddamn long (does it even end?) and I can't be bothered to try cheating my way through the game, but at least I'm pretty sure that there are a few more songs in that game that haven't been ripped.

Attachments:
File comment: edit: fixed two timings
wom.zip [143.8 KiB]
Downloaded 340 times
File comment: title screen
wofmanga_00000.png
wofmanga_00000.png [ 10.86 KiB | Viewed 4455 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:55 am 

This reminds me of my Trainer SPC sets... original music not really used for games. Speaking of which, I'm going to be on fire with those again: I've got at least 10 of those, some of them quite old!

Hysteria is an incomplete SNES game if I remember... you can never get past the first level. The level is infinite-looping. If a music modifier were ever invented, then maybe we could see if there was more than two tunes in there...

You're in luck. The first-note sticking tune is fixable. CaitSith2 fixed a first-note sticking tune on FrogNES last time, so I used that as my base. All you need to do is search for D0 FA and zero out both of them. The first hit is all you need.

I ended up doing a trackcount for FrogNES after finding a piece of ROM text. That SPC set is truly complete... it only has four tracks, and that's as many as we have. How do I know? This piece of ROM text (also found in the SPC file):
Music converted with ASPC V2.0 by BatBlaSteR in 1995

The bad news is that in World of Manga 2 and Hysteria, that is omitted.

Attachments:
File comment: First-note sticking SPC all fixed. ^_^
wom-05.spc [64.53 KiB]
Downloaded 281 times

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:02 pm 

KungFuFurby wrote:
Hysteria is an incomplete SNES game if I remember... you can never get past the first level.

That's what I was afraid of. I kind of suspected that was the case after about 10 minutes of fast forwarding through the same level :P

KungFuFurby wrote:
You're in luck. The first-note sticking tune is fixable. CaitSith2 fixed a first-note sticking tune on FrogNES last time, so I used that as my base. All you need to do is search for D0 FA and zero out both of them. The first hit is all you need.

Awesome, thanks :D I had no idea it'd be so simple.

It would be cool to find the rest of the level music hidden in the Hysteria ROM, since it's pretty neat stuff. I was surprised at how hidden away those .mod files are, I pretty much can't find any information about either the songs or the author anywhere else on the Internet. Maybe I should send them to a few .mod sites.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:47 am 

This isn't related to the rest of the thread, but here's an old (probably circa 1989) C64 SID tune by Rudolf Stember, later of Factor 5:
http://hvsc.perff.dk/MUSICIANS/S/Stembe ... or_Fun.sid

Does it sound a little familiar? :P (especially if you play it at NTSC speed instead of PAL)