SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

* This subforum is simply for the uploading of files that relate to SPCs in any way. Missing title screens, applications related to the format (timers, taggers, etc.), and similar things. Do not upload SPCs here.

* Do not upload anything that is not SPC-related, or it will be deleted. We are not handling MP3s, PSFs, USFs, GSFs, or any other format at this time.

* As always, do not upload anything violating American copyright laws. We do not wish to deal with the backlash.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:57 am 

Well, I couldn't even do SNSF files in the first place. However, I can make MP3 files by using Wiretap Pro to record the audio, then use Audacity (or Cacophony) to edit, and finally iTunes for the conversions. I have ripped MP3 files in the past.

My guess is that the music for the NES version was converted to the SNES by Nick Eastridge.

By the way, I created a composer list for all games undumpable in SPC format. I am missing composer info for only two games: Sim City 2000, which I believe is developed in Japan, and Super Noah's Ark 3D, the only SNES game by Wisdom Tree (successor to Color Dreams... I think.).

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:14 am 

I can rip SNSFs if there is a high enough demand for them... they do take quite a bit of work, though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

KungFuFurby wrote:
Well, I couldn't even do SNSF files in the first place. However, I can make MP3 files by using Wiretap Pro to record the audio, then use Audacity (or Cacophony) to edit, and finally iTunes for the conversions. I have ripped MP3 files in the past.

If you'd like to do MP3 gamerips for games that can't be dumped to SPC, I'd approve of that. While I can't host them on the *site*, I could make a separate forum for them here. I'm sure there's a demand, and somehow, I doubt anyone would really complain.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:17 pm 

OK. That would be nice. ^_^

I'll start with a game that I have already ripped the MP3s for. They date back three years or more, and they've survived the crash because they were sent to someone that requested the soundtrack and I kept a copy of the sent message. That would be Ren and Stimpy: Veediots!, for 10 tracks. The second game that will go up is a very small soundtrack. That is John Madden Football '93.

Here's my method:

1. Find the music in the game (if possible, or invent music modifier.
2. Determine if hacking is required to get rid of SFX. This will be really nasty if I have to do this...
3. Use Wiretap Pro to rip the audio. (bsnes, which I believe supports audio recording, can be an alternative, but I can't support the latest version) I must record two loops worth plus at least 8 seconds.
4. Use Audacity to edit the audio (I originally used Cacophony).
5. Use iTunes to do conversion and add tagging. I have the composer info for all of the game except for a select few which are either unconfirmed due to missing staff rolls or have a guess but don't have the staff roll to confirm it.

And here's my proof that this has been successful using John Madden Football '93:
John Madden Football '93
1. Title Screen
2. Current Status

Update 11/23/11: Redid the recordings because of a hiccup in the quality from the original recording. Ren and Stimpy - Veediots! did not have this problem.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:35 am 
Site Admin

Just a heads up. Earth Light is missing the composer, and that set's gonna get updated next time I update the site. If you've got any composers, now's the best time to let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:57 am 

YK wrote:
Just a heads up. Earth Light is missing the composer, and that set's gonna get updated next time I update the site. If you've got any composers, now's the best time to let me know.

You mean this game, YK?
http://snesmusic.org/v2/profile.php?pro ... cted=14260
GMCL confirms that it was scored by Tomotsune Maeno, as on site.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:39 am 
Site Admin

Knurek wrote:
You mean this game, YK?
http://snesmusic.org/v2/profile.php?pro ... cted=14260
GMCL confirms that it was scored by Tomotsune Maeno, as on site.

Huh. Didn't notice that. The SPCs themselves just said "Hudson sound team", so... heh. :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:45 pm 

That's because the tagging was never updated. This has happened to other games as well, and I personally didn't mind that. The reverse has also happened, in which the composer info made it into the tagging, but was never input into the database. Keeper is one of them. And this topic is for those games unlucky enough to have neither happen.

So... does Earth Light have a staff roll in the first place? Well, I found a video of the ending, and I think the answer is no. That might explain why GMCL was used.

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:49 am 

Hello.
I have little to offer but I hope it helps.
I got in touch with a composer from TOSE. They told me Amayang is Shinji Amagishi. Seeing as Toxic Crusaders on NES credits A.Shinji as the composer, I asked the composer if it was him and he said yes. He said him and Shinji worked there in 1991.
Also, all the Mindscape-developed SNES games had Nick Eastridge working on the audio, whether it be music composition or programming. He also did the music for Paperboy 2. Oh yes, and the samples for Mindscape's instruments are from a Korg M1. Funny seeing that's the same exact keyboard that was used for the Seinfeld theme.
Hope this helps.
-Doommaster1994

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:53 am 

Thanks for the info! Does he/she happen to know who worked on the music for the following games? (I don't have a known staff roll for any of them, and two of them actually has no credits at all based on viewing the ending):

- Yokoyama Mitsuteru Sangokushi (this one I believe has no ending credits)
- Yokoyama Mitsuteru Sangokushi 2
- Yokoyama Mitsuteru Sangokushi Bangi Sugoroku Eiyuuki
- Sterling Sharpe End 2 End/Super American Football (unreleased in Japan; no credits in the game, but there is evidence that there was a Japanese version Title Screen: I invented a scene modifier)

SPC Set Progress Log

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next