SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

* This subforum is simply for the uploading of files that relate to SPCs in any way. Missing title screens, applications related to the format (timers, taggers, etc.), and similar things. Do not upload SPCs here.

* Do not upload anything that is not SPC-related, or it will be deleted. We are not handling MP3s, PSFs, USFs, GSFs, or any other format at this time.

* As always, do not upload anything violating American copyright laws. We do not wish to deal with the backlash.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:48 pm 

This answers questions, while bringing up several... this is confusing considering the voice actors for Super Play Action Football sound very American and the person is not listed.

Kazumi Totaka worked on Tetris & Dr. Mario? Are you sure this is legitimate information? K.K. Song is nowhere in the ROM... unless you have to wait on a specific screen long enough, but I'm sure it would have been discovered already. Also "Hiro" must have been Hitoshi Yamagami?

So, the name referred to "Yoshi" in Super Play Action Football is actually Yoshito Nakagawa? Blitzlunar would very interested.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:33 pm 

Take a look for yourself. Name is right on the copyright. I also found one of your guesses, Hirokazu Tanaka, on there. ^_^

Sometimes, games have the most unexpected information just by looking at their copywrite records.

You can search the database for more Nintendo games if you want. ^_^

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:48 pm 

KungFuFurby wrote:
Demon's Crest: Yuki Iwai (CD appears to list this composer on it: Special Thanks goes to this page for the actual reference. Credited as Sato.)

Turns out it wasn't done by Iwai. According to Ippo Yamada (who I believe did the sound design and/or sound effects), Toshihiko Horiyama did it. Thanks to "whoiscapcom" for uncovering that.

Mega Man VII - Yuko Takehara, Toshihiko Horiyama & Makoto Tomozawa (Yuk, Krsk, V-Tomozoh) are the only 3 composers. The rest are sound design/effects people. Source: Square Enix Music Online

Mouryou Senki Madara 2 - Full composer list is Tappy Iwase, Miki Higashino, Hirofumi Taniguchi & Aki Hata. Source

U.N. Squadron - Mari Yamaguchi is the only composer. Source: Area 88 Original Soundtrack liner notes (Toshio Kajino & Yasushi Ikeda [Bull & Ike-Bomb] are traditionally credited with sound design/effects during their time with Capcom)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:04 am 

I got a breakdown of the composer info today for all but one of the SNES games that were by Team Fat... actually, they were all already released on SNESMusic.org except for Wings 2 Aces High. Here's his reply.

> Hi! I've been listening to some of your SNES music lately, and I have a question.
>
> Does Joe McDermott generally make the music for each SNES games, or are all four people generally involved in making the music (That would be you, Joe McDermott, David Govett and Kevin Phelan)?
>
> I've got a list of SNES games that I know Team Fat did the music for:
> Faceball 2000
Joe
> Rocketeer
Me
> RPM Racing/Radical Psycho Machine Racing
Don't remember
> Q*Bert 3
Joe music, me sound effects
> Wings 2 Aces High
All four
> Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Joe
>

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:13 am 

Thanks so much for posting! I am in contact with a few of these composers. Mitsuhiko said she did work on Tetris 2. She also did Super Tetris 2 + BomBliss, but in that game the credits are Mitsuhiko.T, K4 and Dhal-Chan and she said she doesn't remember who those other two people were.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:44 pm 

Finally the Athena composer information as requested by KungFuFurby.
Super Bowling: Hitoshi Nishimura
Waratte Iitomo! Tamorinpic: Kazuo Oikawa, Aka Ishibashi, and Koichi Ishibashi

Miyuki Uemura composed the music for the Game Boy and NES versions of Tetris 2.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:40 pm 

I wonder if Keroppi Inoue & Hideto Inoue are the same people. Wouldn't Keroppi be considered a nickname rather than a real name?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:22 pm 

Hiya & Hiya-Unit are the same person. Full name is Takushi Hiyamuta.

Hiroshi & Hiroshi Kimura are the same person.

(From an old post. Might as well post it here for reference sake.)
Harumi Hujita & Yasuaki Hujita should be corrected to Harumi Fujita & Yasuaki Fujita.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:00 pm 

I've already noted Hiya/Hiya Unit and Hiroshi/Hiroshi Kimura. I've been collecting this info for quite a while.

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:43 pm 

Hey there,
I talked to Peter Stone and asked him if he did the SNES version of Chessmaster and he told me he doesn't remember, but he said he did compose the NES version and the NES version has the same fanfares as the SNES version so it was possibly him and Nick Eastridge. Peter told me he never worked with Eastridge personally and he doesn't know where he is now. Stone did tell me that his instrument samples are from the Ensoniq EPS. I'm assuming Paperboy 2 was composed by Nick Eastridge because it uses the same instrument samples as Chessmaster and James Bond Jr. The game's manual doesn't even have credits, and since nobody can find Nick Eastridge, nobody will ever know unfortunately. Peter also told me for his NES and SNES music he would compose MIDI files on Omega for the Atari ST and he would send them to the publishers to convert into the games. Too bad they programmed the music into the games in a way that the SPC can't be dumped. And nobody rips SNSF files anymore, so unfortunately, we're pretty much screwed on that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next