SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

* This subforum is simply for the uploading of files that relate to SPCs in any way. Missing title screens, applications related to the format (timers, taggers, etc.), and similar things. Do not upload SPCs here.

* Do not upload anything that is not SPC-related, or it will be deleted. We are not handling MP3s, PSFs, USFs, GSFs, or any other format at this time.

* As always, do not upload anything violating American copyright laws. We do not wish to deal with the backlash.

Post subject: CMS Takeshi and Yoshi
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:10 am 

(I couldn't work out what the best forum for this would be, so feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place.)

The composer CMS Takeshi has been a mystery to me and some others for a while now. I enjoy his soundtracks and have been hoping to find his real name to see if he has any further works listed under that. Equally, there's a composer listed only as Yoshi whose songs I like a lot. I noticed they were very similar in style to CMS Takeshi's soundtracks... not just musicalogically but the sample sets are also very similar. So it got me thinking... could they be the same person? I was just looking at their current sets on the site and it turns out that the developer of all the games both of them are credited for is TOBE. They are all sport games as well (tennis, soccer, football, hockey and baseball respectively, so there is not even any overlap.) I'm finding it all too much of a coincidence.

From going through all the TOBE sets on the site I haven't found any other artists with similar names, and I've already tried various search strings on google but nothing has turned up. Anyway, just an interesting observation, maybe others have some ideas too?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:06 am 

Might as well note this for Super Play Action Football.

The staff roll found in MobyGames came up with Studio 401 for Musical Composition.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:44 am 

Yoshi is very popular in Japanese names, so it is very likely that Yoshi may in fact be two different people, but due to the obscure nature of this, it can't be proven who is who even with all things considered.

When tagging Super Play Action Football, I found "Yossi" (Japanese Romanization for Ysohi), and "Yoshi" alike referred to as every name in the game, which is odd being the case, that super Play Action Football is a US release for Nintendo of America. :?

P.S. I thought it was TOSE for Tonkin House, not TOBE.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:50 am 

Quote:
Yoshi is very popular in Japanese names, so it is very likely that Yoshi may in fact be two different people, but due to the obscure nature of this, it can't be proven who is who even with all things considered.

of course, it's a popular enough name, and that it can't be proven is why I even posted in the first place (if it could, I would have done it.)

Quote:
When tagging Super Play Action Football, I found "Yossi" (Japanese Romanization for Ysohi), and "Yoshi" alike referred to as every name in the game, which is odd being the case, that super Play Action Football is a US release for Nintendo of America.

the audio is very obviously not of western origin. haha. in that case Yoshi is probably meaningless/doesn't refer to anyone specifically. i'd still put money on it being the same person who wrote all those soundtracks, whatever their real identity is.

Quote:
P.S. I thought it was TOSE for Tonkin House, not TOBE.

typo. my bad.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:36 pm 

Look what I found! Yoshi's been identified!

http://www16.atwiki.jp/gmclw/pages/38.html

Go under "Yoshiki Nishimura". It lists Super Play Action Football, Yoshi's Safari, and Super Tennis.

http://gdri.smspower.org/wiki/index.php/User:CRV is how this got started. Found Yoshiki Nishimura under Super Play Action Football. Searched online, and scored a hit for composer info. Ended up solving my curiosity on who "Yoshi" was on Super Tennis.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:10 am 

epic investigative work! turns out he worked on yoshi's safari too, how about that?

now the lingering doubt in my mind is regarding CMS. it could be a blanket term for a bunch of people. i find the musical similarities between the two quite impressive, so if they aren't the same person after all.... well consider my flabber truly gasted.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:41 am 

Found CMS Takeshi. Looks like they're still investigating this one.

http://www16.atwiki.jp/gmclw/pages/61.html

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:13 pm 

so, nenson recently posted an update to Super Goal that replaces CMS Takeshi with Yoshiki Nishimura as the composer. did i miss something? have they been confirmed as referring to the same individual now?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:19 pm 

No, but it's the best guess judging from the information. Either I'll take it down and repost the update later when the information is confirmed, whenever that will be, or I can put CMS back with and not wait.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:57 pm 

I personally don't think the two match enough for me to confirm the two.

SPC Set Progress Log