SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

* This subforum is simply for the uploading of files that relate to SPCs in any way. Missing title screens, applications related to the format (timers, taggers, etc.), and similar things. Do not upload SPCs here.

* Do not upload anything that is not SPC-related, or it will be deleted. We are not handling MP3s, PSFs, USFs, GSFs, or any other format at this time.

* As always, do not upload anything violating American copyright laws. We do not wish to deal with the backlash.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:41 pm 

I was just going to redump the Instrument Test as it has sound effects from the previous song (like dumped just by changing $2140 to using a hex editor), and I still intend to, but this is where things become interesting, and its not the first time this has happened in a videogame, with the best examples I can provide would be the soundtrack differences between Super Mario Land 1.0 and 1.1.

Apparently (from my dumps anyway) saito used a different version, and It may also be for other versions that would have to tracked down in order to provide appropriate dumps for each version, either that are all of his tracks are bad dumps. I haven't tried all versions if that is the problem, or the emulator he used.

Let me give an example: First one is by saito: Sutte Hakkun
Attachment:
File comment: Sutte Hakkun
sth-07 (saito).spc [64.54 KiB]
Downloaded 173 times

Second one is by me using the Sutte Hakkun 2 ROM.
Attachment:
sth-07 (nensondubois).spc [64.5 KiB]
Downloaded 171 times

Clearly the stereo is different in each version and this is the case for all of the songs in the game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:14 pm 

To clarify on the number of versions, there's the retail/NP Sutte Hakkun and the three Satellaview editions; Sutte Hakkun Event Version, Sutte Hakkun BS Version 2, and Sutte Hakkun '98 Winter Event Version. I know for certain that every edition is different in some manner in terms of how graphics look, how many levels there are, and such. There's also at least some slight difference in the sound (In particular the Satellaview versions have at least 1 track that is not used in the retail version.).

I don't know if NP and retail are different code-wise, allthough they're meant to be the same game.