SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

* This subforum is where incomplete SPC sets should be uploaded. If you've started a set, and for whatever reason are unable to finish it, or are unsure of its completeness, post it here. This subforum is not intended for conversation, however.

* If you wish to pick up one of these sets, please make a post claiming it, to prevent others from duplicating your work.

* You may upload full SPC sets in .rsn, .zip, ,rar, or .7z format. Individual SPCs should only be uploaded if it is the only song you've dumped from that game.

* Do not upload anything that is not SPC-related, or it will be deleted. We are not handling MP3s, PSFs, USFs, GSFs, or any other format at this time.

Post subject: Super 20 Collection
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:21 pm 

Finally, I found something even more unusual than the Super Famicom Box.

http://dforce3000.de/ has info (and video footage) about this Korean multicart containing 20 NES games. Interestingly it contains a custom sound driver and the games themselves have been hacked to include SNES sound effects and music, which I have dumped.

Unfortunately, the cartridge uses unusual NES-style bank switching (most likely as copy protection), meaning it doesn't work in emulators - the program expects everything to always be between banks 00-02, when this is rarely the case in the cartridge itself. I was able to do some hacking to get the menu itself working; I started working on fixing each of the individual games, but rewriting dozens upon dozens of JSL and JML instructions proved too tedious for one game, let alone all twenty of them. For practical purposes it'll probably have to wait until someone creates a custom emulator build that supports the bank switching scheme (write some value to $8000 that controls what part of the ROM is visible in addresses 008000 through 02FFFF, then jump to the reset address.)

Anyway, there are 23(?) SPCs in this set, presumably all based on the original music and jingles in the games included in the cart. The only one I've titled so far is the main menu music; I recognize a few of the others, like SMB1, Bomberman, and Galaga, but someone with more extensive knowledge of "first-gen" NES game music will have to tackle this one. I don't even know the full list of which 20 games are in the cart, since not all of the ROMs have the game's title in the header (the ones I can remember off the top of my head: SMB1, Spartan X (aka Kung Fu Master), Circus Troupe, Road Fighter, Bomberman, Galaga, Star Force, Pinball, Twinbee, possibly Arkanoid (based on graphics I found in the ROM...)

Edit by YK: Timers!
Attachment:
File comment: Now with timers!
super20.rar [47.5 KiB]
Downloaded 388 times

Attachments:
super20h005.png
super20h005.png [ 11.91 KiB | Viewed 4274 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Super 20 Collection
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:39 pm 

South Korea you've done it again!

Managed to tag the butchered (aren't they all) version of the Star Force opening and added some other hot swingin' music and a weird little voice sample that suspiciously has echo. :shock:

I feel your pain; I've taken a peek at the code and nearly gasped... no music is worth that much work.

Attachment:
super20.rar [53.47 KiB]
Downloaded 358 times

Post subject: Re: Super 20 Collection
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:45 pm 

The sound that I'm hearing doesn't sound like a custom sound driver. That's Super Buster Bros./Super Pang's sound driver, just based off of the sound!

Yet another one... and the original music's still in there on a technicality. This reminds me of the countless other pirate games I dumped SPC sets for... and sadly, this one is no exception on a technicality.

P.S... these look like individual ROMs embedded inside (and yet they're interconnected)! All I can say is... wow.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log