SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

* This subforum is where incomplete SPC sets should be uploaded. If you've started a set, and for whatever reason are unable to finish it, or are unsure of its completeness, post it here. This subforum is not intended for conversation, however.

* If you wish to pick up one of these sets, please make a post claiming it, to prevent others from duplicating your work.

* You may upload full SPC sets in .rsn, .zip, ,rar, or .7z format. Individual SPCs should only be uploaded if it is the only song you've dumped from that game.

* Do not upload anything that is not SPC-related, or it will be deleted. We are not handling MP3s, PSFs, USFs, GSFs, or any other format at this time.

Post subject: Gon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

Attachment:
File comment: Gon
Dumped by: CaitSith2
Tagged by: YK (timers only)

gon.rar [60.42 KiB]
Downloaded 484 times

Post subject: Re: Gon
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:04 pm 

Here's the names and I found what you might consider three new ones. One is a repeating jingle you hear in the ice caves, ones is time travel noise, and one is a heart beat you hear in the final, fossil filled, caves.
They're in Vox in the music tank.

1 running Yes he gets music just for running instead of walking.
2 victory over boss / level clear
3 angry
4 heavy damage
5 ???
6 bonus round
7 title
8 chase animal
9 catch animal
10 ending
11 time travel
12 ice cave
13 fossil cave

better order
7 title
1 running
3 angry
4 heavy damage
8 chase animal
9 catch animal
2 victory over boss / level clear
6 bonus round
12 ice cave
13 fossil cave
11 time travel
10 ending
5 ???

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:05 pm 
Site Admin

Excellent. I grabbed and included the three extra tracks you ripped, as well. Now all we need is a composer (KFF should be able to provide that, but I suspect it's Akihiko Mori, honestly), and a title screenshot, and it's good to go.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:46 am 

This game has no credits at the end to my knowledge (I beat the game at least once). Thus, the composer is missing because the credits are missing.

Maybe I'll revisit this game and get a bunch more jingles later on... but I will plan on doing this via music/SFX modifier rather than dumping them the old-fashioned way. My original attempt via non-music modifier methods is essentially gone due to a hard drive crash (which occurred in mid-August 2008), unless the one from October 2007 (which is from the G3) would count. Gameplay-wise... I think I never got past I believe the ice caves (meaning I never properly got them all)... which meant I accessed the ending via password (and gameplay via cheat codes).

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:15 am 

Yes Gon has no credits so I can't tell who the composer is. Here are the title shots:

I got more or less all of the jingles but there are a lot of ambient tracks, like the savanna ambiance in the first level, that seem impossible too spc rip. In fact each level has some kind of atmospheric ambiance as its BGM.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:16 pm 

That exact same track that went unidentified happens to be the same one I failed to identify as well.

I am currently in the process of inventing a music/SFX modifier. Actually, I have the music/SFX modifier, but this one's a multi-bank case (as in, you have to load banks sequentially). Plus, I'm working out the ranges for each one.

The reason why I'm doing this is because I recall getting some bonus tracks in the past, and there's at least two that I remember that would qualify... one of them a jingle for an enraged Gon (not the one that's already dumped... the one I'm thinking of you have to give the dinosaur repeated hits until almost the point that 004 plays in the original SPC set), the other one being played in the presence of sharks.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:51 pm 

Yes, Gon has several very short jingles for each level of damage and a short series of them for when he dies and gets so mad he cuts the world in half. He's got a LOT of HP though, it takes a while. And I forgot about the JAWS theme. In fact I'll just go back and try to MP3 rip the whole game from scratch.

*phew* I just attempted to rip the ambiance in the first level, 18 minutes and no loop, it's beyond huge.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:52 pm 

The ambience is a combination of SFX commands, some of it timed by the SNES. I have included two dumps of the jingles I mentioned via my music/SFX modifier, which is shown below (the bank in particular is done in the fashion shown because of how the game handles banks...).

Gon
Title Screen Music/SFX Modifier
(Bank)
80A1AC22
80A1AD00
80A1AEFF
80A1AF80
80A1B080
80A1B101

80FF00A9
80FF01xx
80FF0200
80FF0322
80FF04E3
80FF059D
80FF0681
Repeat this set with incrementing addresses (you may only modify the second byte for each additional bank you load, which is the desired ID) until you're done with the last bank call, and then use 80FFyy6B to conclude the set, yy being the number of bytes you moved forward.

(Music/SFX)
80A1B4xx

Here are the list of banks, along with specifications for each bank that may need additional banks (the key reason is that there might be missing samples if these were just loaded one at a time)

Bank 00 (requires bank 01 to be loaded)
-------------------------
Music ~ 01-06
SFX ~ N/A
The unknown song is 05.
(Range is 01-06)

Bank 01
Music ~ 1B
SFX ~ 10-1A, 1C-4F

Bank 02
Music ~ 01 only
SFX ~ N/A

Bank 03 (requires bank 01 to be loaded)
Music ~ N/A
SFX ~ 50-5D

Bank 04 (requires bank 01 to be loaded)
Music ~ 63
SFX ~ 50-62
(TODO update)

Bank 05 (requires bank 01 to be loaded)
Music ~ N/A
SFX ~ 50-5A

Bank 06 (requires bank 01 to be loaded)
Music ~ N/A
SFX ~ 50-5F

Bank 07 (requires bank 01 to be loaded)
Music ~ N/A
SFX ~ 50-61

Bank 08 (requires bank 01 to be loaded)
Music ~ N/A
SFX ~ 50-5F

Bank 09 (requires bank 01 to be loaded)
Music ~ N/A
SFX ~ 50-58

Bank 0A (requires bank 01 to be loaded)
Music ~ 01-02
SFX ~ N/A

Bank 0B (requires bank 01 to be loaded)
Music ~ N/A
SFX ~ 50-55; 54 is a duplicate of 53

Bank 0C (requires bank 01 to be loaded)
Music ~ N/A
SFX ~ 50-52

Bank 0D
Music ~ N/A
SFX ~ 70 only

Bank 0E
Music ~ 01 only
SFX ~ N/A

The game crashes if you're out of range on both music/SFX IDs and banks.

I have analyzed everything except for indirects (there is one instance of this particular command) for the music ID 05, which is only valid in one bank. My computer is in pretty bad shape at the moment because of what I suspect is some piece of hardware failing in it (and therefore, my sessions are much more limited until I can perhaps transfer over to an Intel Mac, which I do have on hand... kind of, although I'm slightly nervous at the moment). It's not the power supply because my computer's not suddenly shutting down... but it can suddenly crash.

Attachments:
File comment: New track.
Shark.spc [64.5 KiB]
Downloaded 276 times
File comment: New track.
Angry Gon.spc [64.5 KiB]
Downloaded 302 times

SPC Set Progress Log
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:58 pm 

I did a piece by piece rip while playing through the game. The main ambiance tracks seem to be randomly generated so they have no real start or end point. I missed the unique inter level cutscene ambiance since the game won't hold there long enough to record it and I didn't want to hack out a game freeze code. I also missed the ambiance in the final boss fight. But other then that I think I got everything. I even worked all five of Gon's damage and death jingles into one track. It's in the music tank.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:16 am 

My attempt at determining whether or not 05 is ever called has come up empty on calls. Feel free to mark it as unknown/unused.

SPC Set Progress Log