SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

* This subforum is simply for the uploading of new SPC sets. Updates should go in the "Updated Sets" subforum, and conversations should be kept to other subforums, unless they directly relate to a submission.

* You may upload full SPC sets in .rsn, .zip, .rar, or .7z format. Do not upload each SPC individually.

* New sets should ideally be fully timed, tagged, and put in order, either via a soundtrack, or in a logical in-game ordering. Submissions lacking this info will not necessarily be rejected, but may take longer to appear on the site. Sets without track titles, however, will be rejected on the spot.

* Do not upload anything that is not SPC-related, or it will be deleted. We are not handling MP3s, PSFs, USFs, GSFs, or any other format at this time.

Note: If a submission thread is locked, it means it has been accepted, prepped, and will appear on the site during the next update.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Super Dunk Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:35 pm 

"Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba, basketball!" That's what you first hear when you start up the game... after the Sammy logo, of course... though that has no music.

Yet another Kazuo Sawa game done. This game was probably originally meant to be called "Super Ultimate Basketball", as I found a graphical leftover in the newsflash by simply turning of the sprites.

This one didn't make it to the USA to my knowledge, unlike Ultimate Football, which did make it as Football Fury.

I can make really short work of the Kazuo Sawa sound driver games when it comes to the music modifiers... I caught on to exactly how to make them. This one was no exception.

Attachments:
File comment: The complete Super Dunk Star SPC set, dumped and tagged by KungFuFurby.
sduns.rsn [98.73 KiB]
Downloaded 163 times

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

Post subject: Re: Super Dunk Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:06 pm 

The music doesn't fit the game.

Post subject: Re: Super Dunk Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:39 pm 

Eh, it's OK. But the sound effects, to SNES basketball game standards, get blown away by other basketball games. Hearing a bongo drum for the "dribble" sound is part of the mis-match...

Typically the music, to me, is bad when the notation is foul. I can think of Oscar, Zenkoku Juudan Ultra Shinri Game, and maybe Packy and Marlon. The notation wasn't that bad here (maybe they're a bit off place in some areas, but that doesn't sound too bad to my ears).

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]