SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

* This subforum is simply for the uploading of new SPC sets. Updates should go in the "Updated Sets" subforum, and conversations should be kept to other subforums, unless they directly relate to a submission.

* You may upload full SPC sets in .rsn, .zip, .rar, or .7z format. Do not upload each SPC individually.

* New sets should ideally be fully timed, tagged, and put in order, either via a soundtrack, or in a logical in-game ordering. Submissions lacking this info will not necessarily be rejected, but may take longer to appear on the site. Sets without track titles, however, will be rejected on the spot.

* Do not upload anything that is not SPC-related, or it will be deleted. We are not handling MP3s, PSFs, USFs, GSFs, or any other format at this time.

Note: If a submission thread is locked, it means it has been accepted, prepped, and will appear on the site during the next update.

Post subject: Shin Togenkyo
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:16 pm 

Please test this on SNESAmp... I had a small bit of technical difficulty with playback. It malfunctioned on Game Music Box (I usually use this player to playback my SPCs) and later versions of Audio Overload (at least 2.0 to my knowledge), so I had to play it with an earlier version of Audio Overload.

Other than that, this game was a headache. The game is extremely text-heavy (and it's nothing more then lots of menu navigation... no real ending to this game), so I could not identify the majority of the tracks. Thus, the translation was handled by captainhydao.

I ended up with two versions of the Title Screen (the alternative version is found by waiting until it plays again after cycling through a demo... no button-pressing).

The music modifier I had was originally extremely sloppy, requiring safe-cracking, but I was able to axe the safe-cracking for a simpler numbering system on all but one case... the Title Screen music requires a string of twenty four PAR codes in order to function properly on the Main Menu.
The sub-tune, on the other hand, still needs safe-cracking... but there's only two of them, and only one bank properly supports the alternative.

Attachments:
File comment: The complete Shin Togenkyo SPC set, dumped by KungFuFurby and tagged by KungFuFurby and captainhydao.
stgky.rsn [92.52 KiB]
Downloaded 185 times

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log
 Post subject: Re: Shin Togenkyo
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:40 pm 
Site Admin

Ye gods. This one causes SNESAmp to explode. Can't add it to the site at present...

Post subject: Re: Shin Togenkyo
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:49 pm 

Mark another one on the problematic list... :(

Added this game to the problematic page (I originally added it for a suspected first-note sticking problem: I determined it was a hiccup with my player), marked as problematic on SNESAmp.

Well, this game is with Clayfighter 2, Mickey's Playtown Adventure, and We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story. Except for We're Back! (those ones I used Death Adder's dumps, and that's a really old submission), I dumped all the SPCs for those, too.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log