SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

* This subforum is simply for the uploading of new SPC sets. Updates should go in the "Updated Sets" subforum, and conversations should be kept to other subforums, unless they directly relate to a submission.

* You may upload full SPC sets in .rsn, .zip, .rar, or .7z format. Do not upload each SPC individually.

* New sets should ideally be fully timed, tagged, and put in order, either via a soundtrack, or in a logical in-game ordering. Submissions lacking this info will not necessarily be rejected, but may take longer to appear on the site. Sets without track titles, however, will be rejected on the spot.

* Do not upload anything that is not SPC-related, or it will be deleted. We are not handling MP3s, PSFs, USFs, GSFs, or any other format at this time.

Note: If a submission thread is locked, it means it has been accepted, prepped, and will appear on the site during the next update.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:55 pm 

I felt this set needed looking at for a long time. I finally got around to it. Even now it still isn't 100% right, with some songs that don't play too well, still some questionable tags, and track 1 has a broken timer that I can't fix! But, the perfect is the enemy of the good. Hope it makes it on to the site one day.

From the readme.txt:

Quote:
This SPC set is an amalgamation of two previous Angelique sets:

1) The set currently hosted on Zophar's Domain and joshw.info that was dumped using music modifier codes. The set is timed, but it is not titled and is missing at least one song ("Intro")
2) The first SPC set hosted by Zophar's Domain before it was replaced with the above set. This set was missing some songs and was not timed, but had song titles.

I also included and adapted song titles from kokorost's Youtube upload: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkwwtPpo7nE

I should also clarify that as I didn't dump any of these SPCs myself, I cannot be sure whether they came from Angelique or Angelic Voice Fantasy, but I think the set could cover both games.

Enjoy!

Attachments:
Angelique.rar [237.37 KiB]
Downloaded 49 times

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:27 pm 

Composer info incoming.

A combination of two CDs gave me Chinatsu Kuzuu, Masaki Sekijima and KOEI Soundware Division. You can even get individual composer info from the CDs themselves (with proper identification)...

https://vgmdb.net/album/4260
https://vgmdb.net/album/12116

Not all tracks have composer identification this way, but it's a good start.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:44 am 

Ah brilliant! I honestly didn't consider that there would be soundtracks for a game so obscure, let alone disambiguated composers.
I've tagged my local copy as far as I can by deciphering which SPCs correlate to which OST songs, but I would need to listen to these albums in order to finish up. To be honest, I would probably re-tag the entire set in accordance with these discs now that I know they exist. It's good to know that this game has the potential for a quality SPC set.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:51 pm 

By the way... here are my credits that I can recall/retrieve for dumper info...

Marfisa is the original dumper, citing https://zsnes.zophar.net/spc/ .
The music modifier dumps, which I have in my archives from 2008, are credited to the late ugetab.
kokorost gets a tagger credit (as well as yourself), considering you adapted the titles from there.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log