SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

* This subforum is simply for the uploading of new SPC sets. Updates should go in the "Updated Sets" subforum, and conversations should be kept to other subforums, unless they directly relate to a submission.

* You may upload full SPC sets in .rsn, .zip, .rar, or .7z format. Do not upload each SPC individually.

* New sets should ideally be fully timed, tagged, and put in order, either via a soundtrack, or in a logical in-game ordering. Submissions lacking this info will not necessarily be rejected, but may take longer to appear on the site. Sets without track titles, however, will be rejected on the spot.

* Do not upload anything that is not SPC-related, or it will be deleted. We are not handling MP3s, PSFs, USFs, GSFs, or any other format at this time.

Note: If a submission thread is locked, it means it has been accepted, prepped, and will appear on the site during the next update.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:29 pm 

This is one of three SPC sets that I've completed as of the time of this post that is problematic on SNESAmp. I am releasing it here for those of you that want to play the SPC set. Comes in tagged and untagged form, complete with my original Tagging Information text file (and it's been that way for quite a while! I added an update to the text mentioning the musical removal, but other than that, it's pretty much the original.). This is the only SPC set of the three to not have me as the original dumper. As a matter of fact, I used Death Adder's dumps from Zophar (not recommended today, but this SPC set has been in hibernation for quite a while, and I know it's complete.). This set is old, but all of the dumps are at the first note (and yes, I did verify this! Back then, I did redumps if the track was not at the first note. I also made sure to grab the composer info if I can find it.).

I never tagged the set until now, and the SFX originally had music with it. I hacked away the music by zeroing out $0119, which I had previously used in another game by this composer.

R.I.P Russell Lieblich, composer for this game...

Attachments:
File comment: The complete We're Back! A Dinosaurs Story SPC set, dumped mostly by Death Adder with a couple of SFX by KungFuFurby and tagged by KungFuFurby.
wbads.rsn [174.23 KiB]
Downloaded 185 times

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:09 pm 

I don't understand why but Winamp can only read the 3 first seconds for almost all the tracks.. Could you help ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:21 pm 

It's a known bug in SNESAmp (if that's the plugin you're using).

If it isn't the case, then it's a bug with your SPC700 emulator that causes channels to drop out... and then everything disappears. I believe it has something to do with the ENDX register...

This also affects Clayfighter 2 and Mickey's Playtown Adventure, and both have the same problem. Shin Togenkyo is also a failure for playability, but for a different reason. I believe it's a combination of failure to emulate wraparound (the song makes a serious mistake handling stack addresses which only isn't fatal due to the wraparound nature of the stack register) and certain opcodes.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:08 pm 

Okay thanks ! It worked with Audio Overload :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:21 pm 

Someone (me?) really ought to make a more up-to-date SPC plugin for Winamp one of these days.