SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:18 pm 

Looking for how I'm doing on dumping on my end for my officially announced sets? Well, here's where I'll keep them. If it's not here but it's officially announced, check the Site Submissions, because that means I've finished and uploaded the SPC set.

Up-to-date as of 1/27/11.

Fireteam Rogue ~ The music modifier has been successfully invented! Now comes dumping, and especially for the earlier alpha version, hacking. Currently, the trackcount is approaching 100 and beyond! Because of the segmented music, I don't have a good known way to combine them.
Genjuu Ryodan ~ Working on trackname translation from the sound test. Dumping is complete.
Honke Sankyo Fever Jikkyou Simulation ~ Working on pachinko jingle identification. The SPC set is off the official list for now due to incomplete identification.
Kishin Douji Zenki Tenchi Meidou ~ Working on some board name translations. Other than that, I'm pretty much done with dumping and track identification and need to do tagging.
Pachiokun Special ~ I have two unidenfied tracks and no pachinko jingles (they're normally overwritten by the music anyways), but other than that I'm all done. The SPC set is off the official list for now due to incomplete identification.
Pachiokun Special 2 ~ I have one unidentified track and no pachinko jingles (I have yet to confirm if they play seperate... the music modifier is very inconsistent with the bank IDs), but other than that I'm all done. The SPC set is off the official list for now due to incomplete identification.
Pachiokun Special 3 ~ Working on a music modifier and/or gameplay. The SPC set is off the official list for now due to the incomplete tracklist.
Super Mahjong Taikai ~ I have one unidentified track. Other than that, this one's almost done. All I need to do is character name translations...

Fun fact:
- When I sent the first e-mail to YK, I sent an attachment right off the bat showcasing what I had already done with that e-mail... I already had some sort of precision in my dumps. I ended up right in the Yahoo! group within a couple of weeks, and from there I've been going and going and going and going... just like the Energizer bunny!
- The first two SPC sets that I ever completed were 3 Ninjas Kick Back and the Brainies, way back in late March 2007. I also had already submitted an update for Michael Jordan in Chaos in the Windy City (I redumped the Game Over track), and was working on Nickalodeon GUTS and Revolution X. Both were eventually released.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:57 pm 

I noticed the topic about Zig Zag Cat has been closed
I have been trying to find info about those 3 crystals
I need help!!!!!! :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:24 pm 

The first crystal is pretty easy ~ I believe you simply talk to the girl you just rescued.

The second crystal is found at stage 3-5. Go upstairs and talk to the kid.

The third crystal is somewhere in the castle. I forget where exactly, but there's another kid to talk to in one of these stages.

Actually, I'm thinking about playing the game again because I found new tracks, and therefore I should see if they're used!

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:59 pm 

Okay thanks!
I will try that again!
I know the game prematurely ends after stage 4-7

So how do you know you have the crystal? Is there an icon?
I saw your video showing the final boss of the game, a shadowy octopus thing with amoebas or something
How many other stages/bosses are there after stage 4?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:01 pm 

You need more of a walkthrough in order to get through this game past the point you specified. I was also stuck initially at this point.

My recollection of the game as far as what exactly to do was pretty bad, and I lost most of the exact methodology on what to do (it's been six years since I played the game all the way through), so I played the game all over again.

Officially, there only seems to be one more boss (the one I defeated). There are three extra stages to clear, though, as you will find out.

So, you played the game straight through to stage 4-7, right? I refer to the stages by that type of numbering as well based on the save points.

This is what you have to do to clear the game...

The first crystal, known as the Dragon Eye (ドラゴン アイ), is the easiest to acquire. Just talk to Garnet (ガーネット), the girl you rescued.

Then go down the ladder (You will be in "stage 5-0" when you save your game here...) and insert the first crystal into the pedestal (essentially, just hit the talk button next to the pedestal).

Now warp to stage 1. Go through the door, and there will be a secret entrance to the left. This is Stage 6. Clear this stage.

The second crystal, known as the Ultra Muu (ウルトラ ムー), will be at Stage 3-5. Just go downstairs and talk to Ryou (リョウ) in the bedroom.

Warp back to stage 5 and insert the second crystal into the right pedestal. This opens up a secret entrance to the left of Stage 2-1's entrance, which takes you to stage 7. This stage must now be cleared.

The third crystal, known as the Mondo Daia (モンド ダイア), will be at Stage 2-6. Go upstairs, and talk to Higo's mother (ヒゴのはは) in the bedroom.

Warp back to stage 5 and insert the third crystal into the center pedestal. This opens up a secret entrance to the left of Stage 2-1's entrance, which takes you to stage 8? (I couldn't get a number for this one) This stage must now be cleared.

Now warp to stage 4 again. There is a boulder blocking the path that will now be removed.

There are two tasks to complete in stage 4:

- Go to stage 4-4, go downstairs and flip the switch.

- Go to stage 4-6, go downstairs and talk to Machiruda (マチルダ). You get the Patoroudaa (パトローダー).

Once those tasks are complete, take out the stage 4 boss again, and then you'll end up at the final boss after walking through that exact same area again.

Then you're done. The credits sequence is initialized by exiting through the back door.

I actually didn't run into those new tracks yet. Well, I've got some serious indirect lookups to do... and the data seems to be compressed, too.

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:10 pm 

Okay last night, I played up into Stage 4-3, where you have to pick 3 doors
I did talk to the NPCs you mentioned, but I may have to start a new save file and do the game over again
I didn't go down any ladder after I (think) I got the first crystal. I talked to ALL the NPCs after Stage 1-0, including the girl.
(There were 2 or 3 girls, one on the Save floor, and two upstairs)
Apparently, this is an Earthbound type deal, the game only indicates you got the crystal thru text?
( I cant read Japanese x | )

What exactly is the 4th boss? The game came with an instruction manual showing four of the game's bosses, but one was
shadowed out, looked like a robot or something.

And how exactly do you defeat the final boss, the octopus thing? He had a weird eye, so I guess you have to hit him there?

I may have to start over again ,but I am going to write all of this down. I thank you again, because I couldn't find any info on this game anywhere on the Internet.

I need to ask one more thing though. When you get to the castle where there are 3 doors, which doors should I take in order to get all of this done? ( At Stage 4-3, according to my playthru last night)

Again, I appreciate it. You are the man. Obscure SFC games need more love!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:19 pm 

I forgot to mention, is that red robot at the end of Stage 4-7 the 4th boss?
There wasn't any boss music
I figured he was a miniboss or something?

Which ladder are you talking about after you get the first crystal?
The one that leads to the BONUS area?
A little confused about the ladder thing, sorry....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:56 pm 

Actually, it's not at one of the inns (I think you're referring to the stairs that leads to the bonus area... that's really just a standard bonus level normally accessible before defeating the stage 4 boss for the first time)... you have to actually beat the boss for the corresponding stage before you can go to the warp area, actually. Yeah...

(For added clarification... the correct locations have a "Welcome" mat if I recall correctly, although you have to go in the door first before finding that ladder...)

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:14 pm 

Alright, I figured it out last night
I managed to finally get past Stage 4-7, and then Stage 4-8 where I fought the pink octopus and its robot
I see what you meant now, Garnet was the princess you had to rescue at the end of the game
I did get the Dragon's Eye and access Stage 5 : )
However, I am stuck at Stage 6, it is kicking my butt right now
Are the other 2 secret stages that hard as well?

Also, you mentioned on Youtube video, that you used an infinite lives cheat
Does it work for SNES? I am playing an actual SFC cart on a modified Super Nintendo (cut the region tabs)
What is the infinite lives cheat? This game's difficulty is getting brutal
thanks again, man!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:17 pm 

Wow, you have the real cartridge! I like that. ^_^

Sadly, the infinite lives cheat requires a Pro Action Replay cartridge. Truth be told, when it came to the Pro Action Replay code, I actually just simply grabbed it off of Cheatzilla. ;)

Given my methodology of playing SNES games (I usually end up inventing cheats because I'm here to rip SPC set, and thus I intend to make track identification as swift as I possibly can.), I can't measure difficulty on those other two stages.

Luckily, I don't hack games on newer hardware out of respect... plus, it would be mind-boggingly complex because the assembly is that much more complex. And I mainly hack because I go for the soundtrack, and soundtrack preservation is best done with older systems (and for me, easiest to do on the SNES thanks to the format and method of dumping the .spc files... just press dump, and at the next key on event, you get your .spc file). Newer systems? That could cost you an arm and a leg in memory (I'm talking hundreds of megabytes or even gigabytes if it's a reasonably large collection of nothing but audio streams... even MP3 files can go past the hundred MB mark!)... or you might have your mind blown by the file formats it uses (even specific to the game!).

SPC Set Progress Log