SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:23 am 

Hey guys, japanese titles are displayed as question marks on the site, for example:

http://snesmusic.org/v2/profile.php?pro ... lected=464

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:35 am 

Oh and the image floats left without breaking, so it messes up some of the alignment below the first section.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:20 pm 

Confirmed by me as well. :(

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:15 pm 

Titles are broken in the Japanese RSS feed as well, despite the markup itself having working Japanese text in it.

Was the database converted or migrated at some point? The page itself is encoded as UTF-8, and differently-encoded text in the page itself would present as mojibake and not just a series of "?" characters, so it seems more likely that the database encoding got screwed up somehow and clobbered all the Japanese text. But without any more site privileges than a regular user, I have no way to tell if that's actually the case or not.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:01 am 

I have determined that it only affects the game pages themselves. If you go in the developer pages themselves or composers or any page but the game page (implicitly), you can see the Japanese titles.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log