SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Cute Angel(a)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:19 pm 

Hello! Just discovered this forum and figured that I should tell the world about a game (technically it really is, I guess) which I wrote
several years ago. I ended up putting up a webpage offering both the game as well its source code + another little worthless SNES ROM.

I sincerely hope that this can be of amusement to at least someone.

http://membler-industries.com/dr_sloppy/

Good day, sir!

Post subject: Re: Cute Angel(a)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:34 pm 

It's cute, fun, weird and it has some grotesque humour! :lol: Great job on the game!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:52 pm 

I personally played that game myself (I noticed most of the music was not heard of on the SNES in that form), and I was that dumper for the SPC set for that game. That game really helped me with the two other Paul Lay games, because that gave me composer info... if it weren't for this.

I actually made a fan-made soundtrack of this game, and I have a bunch of tracks, including stuff that I thought might have been included if the game had progressed further. It's quite large for a trackcount, and it's split into a mere 12 IT files.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:59 pm 

KungFuFurby wrote:
I personally played that game myself (I noticed most of the music was not heard of on the SNES in that form), and I was that dumper for the SPC set for that game. That game really helped me with the two other Paul Lay games, because that gave me composer info... if it weren't for this.

I actually made a fan-made soundtrack of this game, and I have a bunch of tracks, including stuff that I thought might have been included if the game had progressed further. It's quite large for a trackcount, and it's split into a mere 12 IT files.

Care to share the tracks, KungFufurby? I very much liked your Epic Theme song that I converted to SPC for you. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:33 pm 

I'll start with the Title Screen collection. 5 tracks are in there:

1. Title Screen
2. Main Menu
3. Game Over
4. Guess The Number ~ Title Screen
5. Guess The Number ~ In-Game Music (there was no in-game music in the original)

The initial conversion should only play the Title Screen. I can then modify the file by hand to play the other four tunes.

Attachments:
SNESCuteAngelaTitleScreen.it.zip [54.1 KiB]
Downloaded 238 times

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:29 pm 

Actually, both XMPlay and foobar2000 with foo_dumb can play all five songs without modifying the file. In XMPlay, you will need to seek past the end of each song to play the others. In foobar2000, adding the file to the playlist will result in five playlist entries, one for each song.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:56 pm 

Well, that's a different story when you convert it to SPC... you have to modify the order list at $01B20 to play anything other than the default tune if you convert it into a SPC file. Replace all numbers preceding the desired sub-tune with FE in hexadecimal, or +++ in IT terms. The desired sub-tune will then play instead of the default tune.

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:47 pm 

Ah, yes. I forgot about the SPC converter. Yes, that would require order list modification.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:45 pm 

nensondubois wrote:
It's cute, fun, weird and it has some grotesque humour! :lol: Great job on the game!

Thank you! :-)