SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

*This subforum is for the general discussion of non-video game music. Genre is irrelevant; classical, rock, rap, country, metal, or whatever else; it's all acceptable here. If it's not from a video game, this is the place to discuss it.

* Do not upload anything that could be in violation of American copyright laws. Yes, they're silly, arcane, and draconian, but we'd really rather not have to deal with their over-zealous enforcers. This includes links to such files.

* No flaming, no direct attacks against other members, and no spamming. Such activity will not be tolerated. Users who fail to respect other member's rights will be warned, banned or any other action will be taken as required,

* The SNESMusic staff reserve the right to ban users, remove posted content not limited to illegal material, offensive content or any other content at their discretion.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:49 pm 

Benoit Charcosset is known in SNES music circles for his addictive techno soundtrack to the homebrew game "N-Warp Daisakusen." What you may not know is that he's also a prolific electronic musician and DJ, who goes by the pseudonym "Maf." If you Google his album "Beyond the Pouet," you will immediately find some links to websites offering the entire album for free. And trust me, it's worth it!

But... what the heck is a "pouet," anyway?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:43 am 

pouet probably refers to this. it'd make some sense, at least.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:44 pm 

Hi there,

"Pouet" and "prout" are childish words to evoke sound of a fart.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:27 am 

Actually, the N-Warp Daisakusen music (at least when really done by maf) comes from Atomaniac (and it's edited due to memory constraints). I do have no idea about Atomaniac itself, though.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:23 am 

Actually, KFF...

I do believe that soulkeeper1234 stole a line verbatim from Indogutsu and has only one post, so I suspect it's a bot.

Sorry if you didn't notice right away... Not to mention the UBER necrobump...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:30 am 

Oops. My bad. Forgot to check the dates.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log