SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:15 am 

@KungFuFurby

Thanks alot for the Star Fox modifiers, I'll keep an eye out for updates :)
Excuse my ignorance but I'm not exactly sure what the 'sub-tune' modifier is or where to apply it though... but in the meantime i'll fumble around with the title modifier and see if I can find the values for the boss tracks that haven't been dumped without sound effects yet.

About Evermore, I'm going to do it anyway for myself, but might it be a good idea to replace the current set with the louder spc's dumped using your using modifiers? The ones I did sound a lot better for it.

Post subject: Re: Music Modifier codes
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:20 am 
Site Admin

Reynard wrote:
@KungFuFurby

Thanks alot for the Star Fox modifiers, I'll keep an eye out for updates :)
Excuse my ignorance but I'm not exactly sure what the 'sub-tune' modifier is or where to apply it though... but in the meantime i'll fumble around with the title modifier and see if I can find the values for the boss tracks that haven't been dumped without sound effects yet.

Those have all been redumped without sound effects a long time ago, actually.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:30 pm 

Good lord, It's been fixed since 2010? I swear I re-downloaded that set last year... I cannot believe I've missed the update, and for so long. :oops:

Thanks YK, seriously.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

Reynard wrote:
Good lord, It's been fixed since 2010? I swear I re-downloaded that set last year... I cannot believe I've missed the update, and for so long. :oops:

Thanks YK, seriously.

Yeah, as a general rule of thumb... before submitting or requesting an update... it might be a good idea to check the site and see if we've already done it. :P We're always updating problematic sets (bad dumps, missing tracks, etc). The problem is that a lot of SPC sites just take content directly from SNESMusic.org, but don't actually update it on their end once *we* do.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:12 pm 

I have been checking updates, I did a lot of redownloading off the site just last month and I did check before submitting an updated Super Metroid set.. but for some damn reason, of all soundtracks, I somehow skipped downloading the one I wanted complete the most! I guess when I saw the last revision date I swore I'd already DL'd it and skipped it thinking it was too obvious. :roll:

Derp, I won't let that happen again.

What do you think about changing the Evermore set to use the louder modifier dumps? At any rate, 'Hidden River' could use a redump, the thump sound at the beginning doesn't happen when played via modifier value. Just wish I could remember where in the game it is so I could check.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

Reynard wrote:
I have been checking updates, I did a lot of redownloading off the site just last month and I did check before submitting an updated Super Metroid set.. but for some damn reason, of all soundtracks, I somehow skipped downloading the one I wanted complete the most! I guess when I saw the last revision date I swore I'd already DL'd it and skipped it thinking it was too obvious. :roll:

Derp, I won't let that happen again.

What do you think about changing the Evermore set to use the louder modifier dumps? At any rate, 'Hidden River' could use a redump, the thump sound at the beginning doesn't happen when played via modifier value. Just wish I could remember where in the game it is so I could check.

I can't remember exactly offhand where "Hidden River" plays, but judging by its position in the SPC set, I'm pretty sure it's the little area in the mountains just past the Thraxx battle site in the sand field with the alchemist who teaches you Acid Rain (and sells ingredients). Not sure why that sound is there.

As for a redump via the music modifier... if it improves the set, by all means, go right ahead.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:43 pm 

Think of banks as sets of pieces music, and sub-tunes as individual pieces of music in those sets. That's how some of these music modifiers work. ^_^

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log