SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:32 pm 

Hello,
i wonder if this the correct board to request.

i'm aware of tehcninal reasons why some snes music can't be ripped,
hence this weird request, not ripping but forging.
unsure this request is somewhat feasible, or not.

i would request to make/forge .spc for game musics that technically can't be ripp-able.
no need of rushing/hurry, as i understood these feats definetely requires LOTs of times & Techninal skills & Will-power too.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:10 am 

Although technically possible, the note data can cause a memory overflow (AKA too much memory consumption!), hence the reason why these games used such high quality samples and streamed the note data instead of storing that in the SPC700. In some games, it is impossible to just simply put that note data in there and hack it because nearly the entire SPC700 memory is used for the samples. Looking at NBA Live '95 (using track 01 as an example - the Main Menu), you'd be shocked at how much of that memory is used for the samples (and the internal program)... nearly the whole kit and kaboodle is taken up!

California Games 2 is the only game that plays more than one note before terminating. However, it is a small buffer, and you'd be lucky to get more than a few notes playing. I don't know if it is possible to relocate the buffer and increase its size, but it could be possible. However, for some of the tracks, you can't just fit the whole track in there, because it is way too large, though you can split them into parts without any real hacking. Just remember that those are real small parts you're dumping, and they could even only play one note!

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log