SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: "Claiming" SPC sets.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

I've probably said this before, but it warrants repeating. I've noticed that both KungFuFurby and nensondubois have mile-long "todo" lists. While I appreciate your diligence, there's no need to do this. Considering you've both "claimed" a number of SPC sets a good year or more ago, but have yet to release (or sometimes even *start* on) them, this practice may well be *slowing down* contributions, as people who would otherwise possibly contribute such sets may see that one of you has "claimed" them, and not bother. When I allowed people to "claim" sets, I did not want or expect mile-long lists of them; that was intended for a small number of current ongoing projects, because we had a few problems with two people submitting the same set. It was not intended to be a list of "everything I want my name on in the future". There's no need to be glory hounds.

tl;dr version: If you don't plan to actually release the sets you've "claimed" in a timely fashion, please cease *doing* so. Finish one set before moving on to the next, please.

Post subject: Re: "Claiming" SPC sets.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:17 pm 

Might as well remove these from the list:
NBA All-Star Challenge (finished)
NHL Stanley Cup
Wile E. Coyote's Revenge (dumped but needs identifying and is in the help wanted section)
Super Nintendo Campus Challenge 1992

Everything else is pretty much done aside from tagging. I know I've been saying "soon", but yes, I'm 90 percent or more done with them. Whoever submits them first wins obviously.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:46 pm 

He's right... in my case, I'm way over my head (one thing I sometimes end up having is a lack of overall focus...).

Scratch the following from the list on my end:
- Captain Tsubasa 5
- Honke Sankyo Fever Jikkyou Simulation
- Pachiokun Special
- Pachiokun Special 2
- Pachiokun Special 3
These five are the most incomplete of the bunch...

These are complete and can be removed because I uploaded them:
- Super High Impact
- Virtual Soccer/J.League Super Soccer
- Wayne Gretzky and the NHLPA All-Stars
- WarpSpeed
- Super Formation Soccer '95
- No Escape
- Super Loopz
- Table Game Daishuugou! Shougi Mahjong Hanafuda Two-Face

Fireteam Rogue has been making some really big progress lately. I finally have a true music modifier for the later alpha version (though it isn't perfect, since sometimes some parts are supposed to be muted. Thankfully, none of the new ones appear to require this to my knowledge), and once I get the earlier alpha done, I have an extremely large SPC set. The later alpha version alone has a grand total of nearly 100 tracks (anything different in the earlier alpha will be dumped, but if they're the same, then I don't dump them seperate)!

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:22 pm 

You might want to scratch Madden NFL '94 as well. Cleanup is already done on that set by me in a previous update dating 2/26/11.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

I feel it's time to return to this. KFF, where are all these new sets you've been promising? Thus far, you've mentioned Slam Dunk, Populous 2, and Captain Tsubasa 4, and probably others, of being "close to completion", and we're seeing nothing. I know you're a bit of a perfectionist, but it's not going to kill the set if there's one unidentified song or you can't find the composer info; that stuff can (and will) be added later if need be. What I'm most concerned about is getting the set up on the site so everyone can enjoy it. You continue to "claim" new sets, and promise us they're "almost ready", yet all I'm seeing from you is a neverending stream of updated sets. Now you know I value your contributions, but please, for the time being, stick to finishing these "almost finished" sets instead of digging through old sets, or starting even *more* new projects. Mind, I'm not telling you to give up the updates entirely, but as I said before, these huge updated set backlogs happen because I'm waiting on a promised new set or two and I'm getting only updated sets in the meantime...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:02 am 

Captain Tsubasa 4 is a f*cking long and annoying game, I beat the game few weeks ago though.

Slam Dunk, it seems that one track/jingle(?) from the S.E.(?) is unidentified...

Excite Stage 95 and 96 are done I guess, but the composer info is missing. I e-mailed TRIAD asking about the composers but there's no reply... :(

Populous II, that's a "difficult" one. with no cheat codes... YK, maybe you should try beating Populous II. :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:47 am 

Both Excite Stage 95 and 96 I haven't even started tagging (actually, I don't think I even started ordering)... however, I'll probably end up sticking with Triad for now for the composer info, as it's listed on their official website. Other than that, I have nothing for the composer info, as the credits for all three Excite Stage games I can safely say have no Triad staff, and thus nothing under the audio category.

Well, I only have myself to blame... I'm swamping myself with all of these.

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:08 am 

Excite Stage 95 and 96 are... piece of cake. :P
Captain Tsubasa 4 is rather complicated, but hey, I already did the most "annoying part" which is play the entire game.

Anyway, KungFuFu, check your mail again.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:53 pm 
Site Admin

So, KFF... just out of curiosity, been working on any sets lately? Or just dabbling in random games? I've got no real requests one way or the other, but you haven't given one of your usual progress reports in quite some time, and I'm curious. :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:37 pm 

Lord KFF is fighting bravely against the sissy hurricane Sandy. let's be patient!