SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:21 am 

Hi guys,

Just wondering: is there a list available of the 400 or so sets that have yet to be ripped? I'm basing that amount on this handy pie chart: http://snesmusic.org/v2/chart.php

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:26 pm 

I don't know myself, but you can find many SPC sets that aren't on Snesmusic at http://spc.joshw.info/

The only problem is that on some of them the quality is horrendous.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:51 am 

Some of them I have unfinished updates on hand (the most recent one of those is for Pitfall - The Mayan Adventure, which I did specially because the music was segmented, and I was able to decode the scripting format for that particular game)... just that I haven't completed identification on them. These days I have a combination of college work and an actual will to create SNES music and games (using my hacking skills that I acquired from making music modifiers... without a debugger!) that have since overshadowed what I normally do here.

Speaking of SNES music... there really are homebrew out there with my music in it. I came here as a fan of SNES music, which is how I came in here in the first place... all those years ago...

I stay away from trying to update SPC sets by nensondubois, even though I can easily provide redumps (and even new tracks and variations) if I wanted to.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:55 am 

My opinion is do whatever you see that needs doing. Haven't seen nenson for a while.

I know Gaia Saver is still unripped (Hikoshi Hashimoto - should be nice music.) Also Angelic Voice Fantasy. Pretty sure my rip of Final Stretch is incomplete too. You can browse the site by game and see all the games that don't yet have sets, that might help you in compiling a list if there isn't one already.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:36 pm 

I have a nearly complete set for Gaia Savior. However, I have five unidentified tracks (eight when you count three jingles that I discovered that used the SFX instead of the music modifier... the battle victory jingle fits in this category), and I've realized it's going to be a nightmare to try to identify some of this stuff. So far, all I know of is that the game might have a hidden sound test, because they're the only hits for four of them.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log