SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Music Modifier codes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:28 pm 

Aiding in ripping of SPCs, or for self-amusement in game; music modifiers allow you to to select any given song in a game at usually any point in-game.

Here are all of the ones I created. Feel free to submit your own if you have made them, or if you found them, credit who made them.

Super Mario All Stars/Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World (Will work on any version of Super Mario All-Stars)

Menu/Game select
7E00620?

Super Mario Bros./Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels Music Modifier
7E1602??

Super Mario Bros. 2
7E1DE2??

Super Mario Bros. 3 (Only works in Levels. Does the Map World 7 song appear in the level bank like it does in the NES version? Sadly, no. Would have made a great TCRF addition.)
Music Modifier (Bank 1: Levels, Title Screen only)
7E1061??
Music Modifier (Works Everywhere)
7E1202??

Super Mario World
Music Modifier (Bank 2: Title Screen, Maps, Ending. Not recommended for level usage since high values exceed the number of songs for bank 2 and the game will freeze the upon entering level. If used in levels, refer to bank 1 values.)
7E1DFB??
Yoshi Music Modifier
7E1DFA??
02 - On
03 - Off

Wario's Woods
Only CPU instructions responsible for music playback are executed. (No song will play unless you use the music modifier code)
808FC200
Music Modifier
7E0100??
01 - Round Game
02 - Wario
03 - Title
04 - Next Level
05 - Time Race
06 - VS
07 - Victory 2
08 - ???
09 - Unknown Fanfare
0A - Unknown Fanfare
0B - Unknown Fanfare
0C - Unknown Fanfare
0D - Unknown Fanfare
0E - Unknown Fanfare
0F - Win
0D - Time Race Win
11 - Game Over
12 - Lesson
13 - Wario (unused)
14 - Menu
15 - Sound Options
16-17 - Unknown
18 - VS COM Intro
19 - Game Over (Bis)
1A - Unknown
1B - Win 2
1C - Win 3
The rest are sound Effects

Music Plays when paused
7E011100

Yoshi's Island
Map Music Modifier
7E1146??
Music Modifier
802C5C??

Yoshi's Cookie
Music Modifier
7E00E6??

Pac-Attack
Title and Menu music modifier
7E002E??

Kirby's Dream Course (Kirby Bowl)
Course Music Modifier
7E6A5C??

Tetris & Dr. Mario
Music Modifier

Switches Music Banks from other games.Plays A Random song any game in another game. (You must First select a game first play it's random music. music is based on numerical order by game screens. You can also use each game's music modifier in conjunction with this to select any song in any game. Doesn't Work on Mixed-Match game)
7E0C5701

Pilotwings
Join the Flight Club Now! Music Modifier
00D88E??

Mario Paint
Music Modifier
7E04EC20

Super Mario Excitebike (Bun Bun Wario Stadium. Will work on all versions)
Music/Sound/Voice Modifier
0C1401??
01 - Super!
02 - Jump Contest
03 - Results
43 - Hi Score
36-3F Mario Character voices
47 - Mario Coin

Same Game Mario
Music Modifier
7E0050??

Space Invaders

Music Modifier
7E0DE50?

01 - No Music
02 - The Classic Invaders From 1978 Return! (Intro)
03 - Unused Song

Sound Effect Modifier
0087E8??
alternate RAM version:
7E0DE1??

Disables sound effects, and allows the music to play while paused
7E0DE4??

Sim City
Music Modifier (Turn on after Sim City on the title screen starts to move up or the game will freeze)
7E0003??
Sound Effect 2 Modifier
7E0006??
01 - Bowser
10 - Crowd
11 - Mario
14 - Park Construction

Super Tennis
Music Modifier
7E016C??
01 - No Music
02 - Menu
03 - Results
04 - Change Court
05 - Tournament Standings
06 - Title Screen
07 - Circuit
08 - Ending
Sound Effect/Voice Modifier
7E016D??

Arkanoid: Doh it Again!
Music Modifier
7E01020?

BSX beta

Music Modifier (the game will freeze after pressing start on the title screen, but your selected song will play. I haven't tested to see if this works on game inserted into a BSX cart since I have neither items.)
B0070F00
7E1E6E03
0384D101
7E06DC??

Zelda 3: A Link to the Past
Music Modifier (This game has 2 music banks, and requires them to be set otherwise using values out-of range with the currently loaded bank will not play music. Bank Modifier coming soon to a theatre near you!)
7E012C??
Sound Effect 1 Modifier (Storms)
7E012D??
Sound Effect 2 Modifier
7E012E??
Sound Effect 3 Modifier
7E012F??

Super Play Action Football
Main Menu Music Modifier
0099BC??

I'm missing a few codes but I can't find them.

Post subject: Re: Music Modifier codes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:21 pm 

I'm putting in my two cents now. Here's what I've invented myself (the first few games originally posted on GSHI... with possibly new content):

Yume Maboroshi no Gotoku
Sub-Tune Music Modifier
7E005Exx. xx can be in between 03 and 19. The music is banked
You can't use this until the game has started up past the Intec logo. There are four banks (only one is filled), and no more.
Bank ID
7E109Bxx. Doesn't appear to be modifiable without hacking away at the ROM, but you can look up which bank is playing with this variable. If you watch this variable as a two-byte variable, you also get the tune ID, which helps.
List of Valid Tunes
Found this hex string sequence looking up the ROM when trying to look up how the Bank ID would be used. Each two bytes represents a valid bank ID (first byte) and a sub-tune ID (second byte). The grand total of valid tunes is 31, and I have all 31 tunes dumped (one of them is actually more of an ambience track), but not all of them are identified.
Code:
01 03 01 0F 01 04 01 05 02 05 01 06 02 06 03 06
04 06 01 07 01 08 01 09 01 0A 02 0A 01 0B 01 0C
01 0D 02 0D 01 0E 01 10 01 11 01 12 01 13 01 14
02 14 01 15 01 16 02 16 01 17 01 18 01 19

Esparks: Ijigen kara no Houmonsya
Music Modifier
7E1CC6xx. xx is in between 03 and 19. 01 and 02 are silent, and beyond 19 appears to do nothing. This code takes effect right away when you input it... AKA, the tune doesn't need to change.

Eien no Filena
Partial Music Modifier
7E0044xx.
This isn't reccomended because the music is technically "banked" (certain values will be silent at certain points)... that, and I found an in-game sound test to substitute for this.

Jimmy Connor's Pro Tennis Tour
Music Modifier
7E0E14xx. xx is a number in between 00 and 06. Any number above 06 crashes the game.

The Shinri Game 3
Music Modifier
7E1F00xx. xx is in between 01 and 0C. Any value above that produces no sound. Beware: there are duplicates and chopped off segments. This only works after getting a card and pressing A... AKA, to play your desired tune, press Start, and go through the opening to the point where you get a card. Once you get your card and proceed to the storyline, the tune in the music modifier will play.

Battle Commander - Hachibushuu Shura no Heihou
Music & SFX Modifier
C00586xx. xx is in between 02-24... some duplicates included. 01 and 25 have no music playing. 26 and up to 7F will only work with odd values (these are all the sound effects), otherwise you will most likely crash the music and most likely have to restart the game. You must be playing a mission for this to work, and you can modify it at any time and get your desired tune.
Code doesn't work? Using a hex editor, you can still modify the ROM. Search for 03 21 22 19. Modify 03 and you'll now have the same effect as mentioned above.

Action Pachio
Sound Test Music Modifier
88EBB1xx. xx is in between 00-19. Anything else freezes the game. There are some duplicates. To use, go to the Options menu and play the first tune.
Do note I had to request the assistance of ugetab for this one. I eventually converted part of his address converter code over to Python so I could use that to my own advantage.
Code doesn't work? Using a hex editor, you can still modify the ROM. Search for 00 00 01 00 02 00 03 00 04 00 05 00 06 00 08 00 09 00 0A 00 18 00 19 00. Modify the first byte and you'll now have the same effect as mentioned above.

Zenkoku Koukou Soccer Senshuken '96
7E0A8Cxx. xx can go beyond what the sound test allows... as a matter of fact, you can go all the way to 25 without freezing the game... not all of the tracks are unique, though.

Ranma 1/2: Chougi Ranbu-hen
7E0209xx. xx is in between 00 and 24. The range you can get without the cheat code in the sound test is 00-0F... actually, the sound test adds 01 to this.

Ochan no Oekaki Logic
Music ID
7E1F28xx. Not modifyable to my knowledge.
Sunsoft Logo Music Modifier
80B985xx. xx is between 01 and 0A. 0B-0D are the same as 0A, 00 and 0E-0F are silent, and any value above 0F crashes the game.
Code doesn't work? Using a hex editor, you can still modify the ROM. Search for 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 01. Modify 01 to get the same effect as mentioned above.

Street Hockey '95
Partial Music Modifier
7E010Axx. xx is 01-09. 0A and 0B are duplicates, anything else freezes the game.
This doesn't access the Staff Roll track which I found. You have to beat Tournament mode for that one. I also found a jingle that wasn't here.

Jammit
Music Modifier
7E1E0Axx. xx is 01-0B. Anything else freezes the game.

Yoshi's Safari
Music ID
7E00DBxx. I don't know where this would work if you attempt to modify this, but you can determine what tune ID you are on with this code. You'll probably need to go into the ROM to unlock this one.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:02 pm 

Nice work KFF ^.^

GSHI... no further comments. *GSCentral feels neglected*

There several banks in Yoshi's Safari, so making a music modifier will require some time and effort to make sadly.

And a slew of some of the others I have made.

Space Invaders (Ugetab's version does not start the song as soon as it is loaded into ARAM and it only plays at the intro, so I made this.)
Music Modifier
7E0DE50?

Super Game Boy 1 and 2 (Works on the bios itself, and with most Game Boy games that utilize the enhanced music feature.) (Dare I mention this... ughh!)
Music Modifier
7E0340??

Harley's Humongous Adventure (I'm also aware I've submitted these unused songs already.)
Music Modifier (A bit tacky but works)
7E370B??

Many more to be added if I can relocate where I put the .cht files... eventually.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:58 pm 

Banked music for Yoshi's Safari, eh? Is there at least a variable I can modify to play a piece of music in the currently used bank so I can determine what banks are what, just like what I did with Yume Maboroshi no Gotoku? Might not even be like that...

Here's another one.

Honkaku Mahjong Tetsuman
Music ID
7E1E30xx. This doesn't appear to be modifyable.
Mahjong Game Music Modifier
82C4E3xx. Unlike the ROM hacking code, this one surprised me by taking effect right off the bat during a mahjong game.
Code doesn't work? Using a hex editor, you can still modify the ROM.
Search for the hex combination 01 00 09 00 0A 00 in the ROM. The first byte will be the one playing by default. Modify that variable to be any value, and play through a Mahjong hand (you can't access it by changing BGM numbers... I tried and failed.). It does not matter whether you win, lose, or draw. When the next hand starts, the desired music will play without ever changing the values. The range is 01-0A. Beyond 0A is silence... and maybe SFX.

Super Mahjong Taikai
Mahjong Game Music Modifier
7E0450xx. Actually, this is used in the character profiles accessed, and modifying this value makes that character's theme. You can go out of range (beyond 14, and 14 itself redirects to the Title screen) and listen to the remaining Mahjong music themes... just remember the graphics will glitch out, and any tunes meant to be non-looping will actually loop, including when you go to dump the SPC files. Going beyond 1F glitches out the music as well. Turns out that they're all in Block 2 of the in-game sound test, shown below.
In-Game Sound Test
Search for SOUND TEST in the ROM and you'll find it exists. Special Thanks goes to JLukas of YouTube for how to access the sound test: At the Title Screen, hold L and R for Player 2, then press Select on Player 1. You will access a "debug mode", with Sound Test coming first. Either use up/down on the arrow keys to view in-game scenes by pressing A on the desired option, or press A on "Sound Test" to enter the sound test.
Controls for Sound Test:
Select: Changes the block number. There are only two block numbers, and I have no intention of going to any other blocks, seeing that they'll most likely crash the game.
Up/Down: Changes sound effect ID. There are zero sound effects in Block 1, so this will be of no use if you try to modify the SFX ID on Block 1.
Left/Right: Changes music ID. There are 25 pieces of music in Block 1, and 33 pieces of music in Block 2, for a grand total of 58 tunes. I dumped 56 of these tunes without any music modifiers, which is pretty impressive considering this is the largest SPC set I've ever dumped (Fireteam Rogue defeats this SPC set, but that has segmented music... not to mention I haven't even completed the game, if I can ever get to that!).
A: Plays the desired piece of music.
B: Stops the music.
X: Plays a sound effect. This does not work on Block 1. You must be on Block 2 to play sound effects.
Start: Exits the sound test back to the Debug Mode menu. Pressing this twice goes to the Main Menu, which is normally accessible from the Title Screen.

Fireteam Rogue (this code is for the later beta)
Bank ID
7E0B66xx. Not modifyable to my knowledge.
This sound driver is pretty nasty. The platformer music is segmented, so I dumped each and every last segment I could access.

Want a music modifier for a particular SNES game? All you need to do is ask via PM (or you can check out the Music Modifiers topic and post there) and I'll be on the job. ^_^

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:33 pm 

Yeah, Yoshi's safari has a messy sound driver (quite the shite, actually). Hope this code helps, though I think every song has been dumped in the game (form last I checked anyway).

Yoshi's Safari
Will allow you to select any song in the currently loaded bank (not very useful)
7E00DC??

Levels have more than 1 song in their banks, while every other screen just has the one song at value 01.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:57 pm 

This is even more interesting than I thought for Yoshi's Safari... the music is loaded into these "song IDs" whenever requested. Play a level, lose the game, then modify 7E00DC. The tune is still there! Now that's an unusual way to run a sound driver... I guess it makes the tune available on request, but only when loaded. If it isn't used, unless it's replaced, it's simply left behind. I'm guessing 7E00DB might be the tune ID last loaded from some master list... or currently playing.

Unlike Yume Maboroshi no Gotoku, I haven't found the list of valid tunes yet... maybe I'll pass on trying to do that for Yoshi's Safari.

Yoshi's Safari
Alternative Music ID
7E00E1xx. This one's more reliable if you want to monitor sub-tune IDs (especially in-game), unlike 7E00DCxx.

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:38 am 

Tetris 2
Music Modifier (turn after title credits screen)
7E0000??

Modifies jingles in the currently loaded bank/song (can be used to hear jingles and the unused cinematic fanfare after disabling the code on the song. I would recommend using 7E0000?? 0A-Cutscene 1, 12-Cutscene 2, and 19-Cutscene 3 in addition on the game music select options to hear the unused cutscene jingles. Will work on other songs too. And this can be used as many times as you like just by turning the code on then off again. This code works on my PARMK3 also, so it can be used on hardware as well. :)

F-Zero
Music Modifier
7E0046??

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:27 am 

Both English Might and Magic games get music modifiers! ^_^

Might and Magic 2 (E)
Activate Stereo Sound
7FFC0D01. Setting this to 00 results in mono sound.
Music & SFX Modifier & Bank ID
7E007Fxx. You are restricted to the current bank of the song when modifying the music, and you must use 0x when entering the music ID, or the result could be nasty. Stay in the range, or you risk crashing the game. There are three known banks so far, and their tens digit is shown where they're first played:
Elite Logo ~ 8x (Range is 00-07)
Title Screen ~ Cx (Only 00 is a tune)
In-Game ~ 0x (Range is 03-0D. 00-02 are SFX)
I don't know of any extra banks, nor do I intend on doing so. Chances are that 4x may either be a duplicate... or possibly a unique bank, based on the results for Might and Magic 3.

Might and Magic 3
Music & SFX Modifier
7E1AFBxx. The tunes are spread out into "banks" and you can access the "banks" at any time by modifying the tens digit. I've found tunes in the following ranges:
0x (Range is 00-06)
4x (Duplicate of Cx)
8x (Range is 80-84)
9x (Only 98 is a tune. You could count this as part of 8x, since the SFX carries over.)
Cx (Range is C0-C1. Nothing else.)

SPC Set Progress Log

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:52 pm 

Tetris & Dr. Mario
Music Modifier (Even works with the bank switch code)
7E0C58??

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:45 pm 

Tetris & Dr. Mario
Bank ID
7E0C57xx. Not modifyable to my knowledge.
There are three known banks:
01 ~ Main Menus & Tetris
02 ~ Dr. Mario
03 ~ Mixed Match

SPC Set Progress Log

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next