SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

* This subforum is for the general discussion of video game soundtracks, and the uploading of emulated-game music formats, including, but not limited to SPC, SNSF, NSF, GBS, PSFs, USFs, GSFs, etc. as well as the respective format's mini*sf extension and files (*sflibs, etc.) required by the format are allowed to be posted here.

* Individual songs can be uploaded as-is, but full soundtracks should ideally be compressed either via .rar, .zip or .7z, or they will be subject to deletion. Subtune-based formats including, but not limited to NSF, GBS, SID, etc do not need to compressed due the nature of their small given size and direct portability.

* Do not upload anything that could be in violation of American copyright laws. Yes, they're silly, arcane, and draconian, but we'd really rather not have to deal with their over-zealous enforcers. This includes links to such files.

* No flaming, no direct attacks against other members, and no spamming. Such activity will not be tolerated. Users who fail to respect other member's rights will be warned, banned or any other action will be taken as required.

* The SNESMusic staff reserve the right to ban users, remove posted content not limited to illegal material, offensive content or any other content at their discretion.

Post subject: Re: NSF ripping thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:14 am 

Not sure if this thread is still alive, but I would like to request one more game for an updated ripping if that is not a problem.
I pretty well know the game called Magician for the NES, which sadly doesn't have sound effects ripped in it's NSF file only music and there is simply no relocation / lookup table at all, that I found useful

The: AA (TAX) BD (STA) xyz byte xyz byte, which is a somewhat neccesaty for arranging tunes in NSF files.

I contacted with Gil Galad, but he wasn't able to rip the effects from it. I myself tried like a million times already and no luck - same goes for my first request Kabuki Quantum Fighter which let just say... some really weird crap is going there in it's sound driver.

The latter one had a tunetable but I couldn't find that cutscene theme, not sound effects.

I will post here the original NSF for analyzing it.

Attachments:
Magician.nsf [32.13 KiB]
Downloaded 116 times

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:39 pm 

So apparently a dude named Karmic at NesDev was able to do my previous two requests, so from now ignore those.
Since I got 0 replies, I guess I still have to learn more the dephts of NSF ripping but until then, here is a new batch of rips that I was able to make:

Attachments:
Batman Returns (PAL).nsf [16.67 KiB]
Downloaded 134 times
Bucky O'Hare (PAL) (SFX).nsf [20.13 KiB]
Downloaded 113 times
File comment: A Mega Man III hack (I done this for somebody's request.)
My Little Pony - Dr. Discord's Conquest (SFX).nsf [32.1 KiB]
Downloaded 127 times
Earth Bound (SFX).nsf [16.59 KiB]
Downloaded 122 times
Dragon Running (SFX).nsf [31.83 KiB]
Downloaded 128 times
File comment: One song was completely missed from this rip.
Dungeon Kid.nsf [32.21 KiB]
Downloaded 124 times
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles - Tournament Fighters (SFX).nsf [20.28 KiB]
Downloaded 124 times

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:01 am 
Site Admin

Has anyone ripped an NSF from Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children, the hack of that Chinese FF7 bootleg from a few years back that brings it closer to the actual FF7? Apparently it has a number of chiptune remixes of actual FF7 songs, so it'd be pretty neat to hear.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:22 pm 

I hope this is the rip you was looking for.

And I post another rip I made a few hours ago.

Attachments:
Mahjong Taisen (1992 - Make Software, Inc.) (SFX).nsf [32.13 KiB]
Downloaded 94 times
Zui Zhong Huan Xiang IV - Guang Yu An Shui Jing Fen Zheng - Final Fantasy 4 - Zui Zhong Huan Xiang 7 - Final Fantasy 7.nsf [18.66 KiB]
Downloaded 79 times