SNESMusic.org Forums

http://snesmusic.org/v2/
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

* This subforum is for the general discussion of video game soundtracks, and the uploading of emulated-game music formats, including, but not limited to SPC, SNSF, NSF, GBS, PSFs, USFs, GSFs, etc. as well as the respective format's mini*sf extension and files (*sflibs, etc.) required by the format are allowed to be posted here.

* Individual songs can be uploaded as-is, but full soundtracks should ideally be compressed either via .rar, .zip or .7z, or they will be subject to deletion. Subtune-based formats including, but not limited to NSF, GBS, SID, etc do not need to compressed due the nature of their small given size and direct portability.

* Do not upload anything that could be in violation of American copyright laws. Yes, they're silly, arcane, and draconian, but we'd really rather not have to deal with their over-zealous enforcers. This includes links to such files.

* No flaming, no direct attacks against other members, and no spamming. Such activity will not be tolerated. Users who fail to respect other member's rights will be warned, banned or any other action will be taken as required.

* The SNESMusic staff reserve the right to ban users, remove posted content not limited to illegal material, offensive content or any other content at their discretion.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:55 pm 

http://dreamandfriends.com/2013/12/31/war-on-wheels/

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/431 ... wheels.nsf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:43 pm 

Thanks! I recently did a VGM rip since I was completely unaware of an NSF rip, but it's nice to see it got one!
Do you do requests by any chance? I'm personally not looking for any NSFs, but I have a friend or two looking for some. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:35 pm 

Sure, what are they?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:41 pm 

Hey there. Thanks for the reply! There's a few I would like, but you don't have to do it if you don't want to:
Tama & Friends: 3 Choume Daibouken (FDS) (The FDS sound is never used)
Side Pocket (fix - Some songs don't play completely before they loop)
Pachinko GP (FDS)
Dr. Chaos (FDS)

For the ones my friend wanted, here's his reply:
Basically any games that dont have them, or like Man & Machine which doesn't have its "Level Theme 3" recorded. But of the games with no NSF, I was thinking Major League Baseball, Phantom Fighter, Rampart (Jaleco), Rollerblade Racer, Where in Time Is Carmen Sandiego?, and any of the Wisdom Tree games (excluding Exodus)

I only know how to log VGMs. Though maybe I could learn NSF ripping with some help, though I'm really slow. If you need any VGM rips though, let me know.
Thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:50 pm 

Is the Dr. Chaos FDS music different from the NES version at all?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:24 am 

It is the same music, however, it has been arranged differently (IE instruments, some notes are different).

Also, I think the one me and my friend want the most is the USA After Burner. I really wanted that one ripped so I could find out what sound engine it uses. It sounds kind of like Sculptured Software to me. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:54 pm 

I found this Side Pocket fix from Gil-Galad from a few years ago, is this one bugged too? Sounds fine to me from a quick listen.

http://gilgalad.arc-nova.org/junk/NSF/S ... -fixed.zip

I'll probably work on After Burner next, Dr. Chaos' sound code is weird and I don't feel like messing with it at the moment

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:03 pm 

I checked the Side Pocket NSF. That sounds good. Track 3 was missing the second part of the song, but I see that NSF has it fixed as track 5.

No problem with Dr. Chaos. That and Phantom Fighter had the same sound engine. A friend of mine told me he had trouble ripping the NSF for Phantom Fighter, but I don't know if he ever tried Dr. Chaos for FDS.

Tama & Friends shouldn't be a problem, as it appears that all the other ACC games have been ripped. Their game Seirei Gari is missing a song though. Those are a couple I'd really like, but I'm really trying not to request anything at all since I know NSF ripping is tough sometimes. Again, I appreciate you looking into these games, as I know NSF ripping isn't easy. I wanted to learn it myself, but I was having a lot of problems so I just turned to VGM logging.

(Also, if you ever decide to rip the Color Dreams games, I did find some sound code in a couple of their games.)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:29 am 

I already posted the Tama & Friends NSF in a new general NSF thread that I made after ripping it. I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread now that that one exists, since it's probably better than talking about my rips in two threads at once :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]